• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crumpet is Sneezing :(

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Any idea if it could be serious?
It only started when they went in their run a little while ago.
I just dont want her to have pneumonia as well :cry:

I have a vets appointment at 7pm

Hopefully IF it is an infection its URT and in the very early stages.
You are doing the right thing in taking her to the Vets as soon as you noticed the sneezing.

Sending vibes for her xx

Spider occasionally sneezed when he got snow up his nose (dog), but when Pickle sneexed (last year - rabbit) he needed a dental.
Hope he's okay x

My Tramp sometimes starts sneezing if he comes off his meds, but it's usually nothing major.

What's her breathing like? I'd expect her breathing to be laboured, or her head back or 'jerking' if it's pneumonia.

Sending vibes xx

Her breathing is normal, no head jerking either.

Bad news though, mum refuses to drive in this weather as it is still heavy snow (been like this for hours) and doesn't look to be stopping .

The vets has a pet taxi service who I asked to take me to the vets and return, but I just had a call, and he is running 30 mins late for every other client, so has had to cancel mine :cry:

I am in tomorrow morning first thing, for 8 vaccs, 1 castrate and 1 for x-rays, so going to see if she can tag along then :(

Have put a snugglesafe in their hutch, she has two boyfriends who can also keep her warmed

Is she an outdoor bunny? If so this is probably coming a bit late but is there a cool room indoors they could come into? Even a shed or garage would be better than outside.
I personally wouldn't want to leave a sneezing bunny outside in these temperatures in case it turned into pneumonia.
I hope she is ok xx

I think it would be better to bring her in if it was anything more than a one-off sneeze or two. If you turn off the radiator, close the door and open the window in one room, eg the bathroom, it will probably cool down pretty quickly so it's not too much of a sudden change for her xx

I just went out and monitored her for 20 minutes (my god it is cold) and she didn't sneeze at all in that time period? Though I am definately getting her checked out in the morning as a precaution.

Ok then. I would try and check on her again in the night if you can. Good luck at the vets tomorrow xx

I will check on her several times throughout the night and bulk out the hutch with more straw to keep it insulated.

Took her to the vets who think it may have been the snow that irritated her as she has no wheezing, no fever and no discharge from nose :D

I hope she continues to be ok :)
If the sneezing continues though I would consider asking for deep nasal swabs to check for nasty bacteria. You don't always see a discharge because rabbits are fastidious and clean it away but you sometimes see telltale stains on the front feet xx

Back