• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We have no hay

Candiflare

Mama Doe
The rabbits have been ravenous for hay all day and we haven't got any left. MY OH has been looking after them for the past couple of days while my Dad and I have been trying to get to my G-pa\s funeral and I think he really took it on board in my note where I said they must have "lots of hay, more hay than you think you need to give them, fill the hutch etc.." because I think he just went outside and kept adding and they kept eating. I had a whole bale for this week.

The shop in the village that we normally get it from is shut because of the snow and we literally can't leave the village in the car (we are completely snowed in.)

Any ideas what I should do? They are trying to munch on straw.....

Are the trains working? You could carry a bale home on the train if the pet shops are open?

Are there any animal feed/farm shop type places near you? Maybe they would deliver you a bale by tractor might be worth ringing round.

My rabbit eats the straw in her hutch and it doesn't seem to do her any harm she seems to like it as much as she does the hay!

Its a shame the roads are so bad. Luckily I got my hay delivery yesterday. If it does clear you are more than welcome to a bag.

You have my sympathies.
At least I was able to get to P@H.................. CANT BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT :shock:

I hope you sort your hay situation out. I know how you feel, we have run out too. I managed to venture out on foot to our local pet supplies place and they had none left either. I am going to have to risk taking the car out to search.

Back