• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ran to get camera and came back to this!!

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Thankyou everyone that helped in my panic last night after sooty and oreos little tiff :shock: I ran to get my camera to show everyone what they were doing (alot of chasing and nipping- only 4 days bonded) and came back to this...

Poor Oreos ear!! :shock: look at 0.37 :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjnTEwPf_m4

Last edited:
carrie does exactly the same to biggles still and theyve been together over a year now she has also licked his eyelashes orf but hes fine with it,

that there is a fine bond, just dont be temped to let them out yet i assume charlie is still near by ??

carrie does exactly the same to biggles still and theyve been together over a year now she has also licked his eyelashes orf but hes fine with it,

that there is a fine bond, just dont be temped to let them out yet i assume charlie is still near by ??

No I wont let them out - They are in a 4 x 3 NIC cube so not tooo small they cant have a run about.. They are used to free- ranging but they dont seem too bothered at the min..
Charlie is downstairs at the mo.. but I have been stroking and cuddling him and they dont seem too bothered at the mo (unless that was what their little tiff was about).
How long before I let them free-range??

:love::love: Awwww so cute, in terms of how long before free-ranging, I suppose it varies depending on how well they get on and whether you think they will be alright ? Did they start nipping and chasing more because you increased their space do you think ?

your bonded 2 im not so worried about now. i would leave it a few more days to be sure, clean anything that charlie has been near chinned etc, that would mean getting down to bun level, skirting boards etc just to be on the safe side, just increase space slowly, watch there behaviour if it gets a lil rowdy put them away again and try another day, but charlies scent may upset things if all done to soon for your pair, so better safe than sorry i would be

use diluted vinegar is best to clean, and bicarbonate of soda for carpets, furnishings etc well hoovered after half an hour

my 2 pairs are yet to be put together but they do know each others scents and its a massive chinning session each time on everything:roll:

AWWWW:love::love:... Can't wait till we can bond Bobby... I shall be even more of a nervous wreck with two!!! But hey ho I LOVES IT!

Kath, looks fantastic!!!!! I noticed the first things Ralph and Ruby used to groom were each other's ears!

Obviously Oreo is the dominant one???

:love::love: Awwww so cute, in terms of how long before free-ranging, I suppose it varies depending on how well they get on and whether you think they will be alright ? Did they start nipping and chasing more because you increased their space do you think ?

Im not sure - it may have been that - but they are ok now so I will keep it how it is - fingers crossed :?

Kath, looks fantastic!!!!! I noticed the first things Ralph and Ruby used to groom were each other's ears!

Obviously Oreo is the dominant one???

Oreo is definetly the dominent one but last night Sooty was starting to show her true colours! :?

Im not sure - it may have been that - but they are ok now so I will keep it how it is - fingers crossed :?

Mmmm tricky then, I think you have to feel ready in yourself as much as anything or you will be worried. Hope they continue to get on well for you Kath and then when your ready try it and if they react badly revert back. Did you get a good nights sleep?

Is it always the boys who become the dominant ones? Rimmi is def in charge of Winter (although if you stroke him she will come over and nip his bum and nip you..... she is very jealous lol).

Mmmm tricky then, I think you have to feel ready in yourself as much as anything or you will be worried. Hope they continue to get on well for you Kath and then when your ready try it and if they react badly revert back. Did you get a good nights sleep?

yeah I did surprisingly - after I saw them grooming I relaxed a bit - Im sure they just do it to wind me up!!
I kept both the doors open and got up once in the night to see if they were ok..

Back