• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No Hay !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I was due a massive hay delivery today but as predicted the Farm ( in Guildford) is snowed in. I have just about enough hay to last today but the Farm may not be able to get to me for several days.

The local Feed supply place has run out of hay, they buy it from the same Farm as me so if I cant get any neither can they.

Bloody snow :evil:

I have 3 bales due today, I ran out on Monday after having 2 bales delivered on Thursday :(

I don't know what we will do if they don't come today :?

Jane which hay do you get from P@H?

None of them look fresh enough so i don't bother buying from there, might have to though.

Can you try and drive to the farm and get a bale in your car?
I have a small car and can fit two bales in it.
I could put 1 bale across the back seats and sit one up in the front seat... wrap them up in old duvet covers..

Jane which hay do you get from P@H?

None of them look fresh enough so i don't bother buying from there, might have to though.

I never normally buy from there at all, but in this situation it looks like its that or nothing.

I have bought some Excel Herbage but 1 bag costs £4.49 and only just about serves all the Buns for a few hours :cry:

Do you have a Jollyes near you? Their bales are much cheaper than P@H and although it's not the greatest stuff, my bunnies some to like eating it. It's about £6 per bale but it's quite large.

jane your involved with a rescue by you arent you? can you not beg a bale off them until you get your delivery??

This is a bit of a tangent and doesn't help here, but I noticed yesterday that Argos have just started selling hay for home delivery :shock:

Must be such a nightmare especially for those of you with multiple bunnies :cry:

This is a bit of a tangent and doesn't help here, but I noticed yesterday that Argos have just started selling hay for home delivery :shock:

Must be such a nightmare especially for those of you with multiple bunnies :cry:

Oooh I didn't know Argos did it :shock:

Can you try ringing around any other farms?

Or try pet shops? We have a small pet shop here that does smallish bales of hay, they are about half the size of the ones I usually get but still cheaper than buying bags of hay :)

Hetty - You can buy a bag about half that size from marriages flour mill for £2. If you run short it's not a bad place to try, right next to Tesco homewares by the Army & Navy. It's not great but it's not bad either, cheaper than PAH and better quality in my opinion.

Jane

I had two bales delivered last week. If one of them will help you keep going until you can get your delivery you are welcome to it.

Hetty - You can buy a bag about half that size from marriages flour mill for £2. If you run short it's not a bad place to try, right next to Tesco homewares by the Army & Navy. It's not great but it's not bad either, cheaper than PAH and better quality in my opinion.

I keep meaning to have a snoop around in there. Do they do any horsey litters etc??

Back