• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i asked vet to weigh

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
rosie as i was worried that she seemed thinner, and she has lost abit more weight, we have to monitor it now

she didn't touch the porridge i made her like i used to do for mowgli to help get weight on him, she eats all her burgess though

she not been given steroid injection this time, as ive been giving her metacam, we going to contiue the metacam route see if she shows any improvement within 10days

Awwww poor Rosie, I would increase everything she has just to see if she will put some weight on.

Everything crossed for Rosie to start eating.
(We've had recent problems of not eating & hyperactivity - the problem was a very cold suspended floor - he started to eat normally as soon as we got warmed up).

Hello sorry for butting in on your thread but i was wondering what you mixed with the porridge-milk or water? One of my buns needs abit of fattening up! She has been through alot in the past few months and its taking its toll on her weight she is putting weight on i think but it seems to taking ages. Thanks :)

I really hope Rosie perks up soon!
Maybe you could give her a few more pellets if she seems to be eating those?

Hello sorry for butting in on your thread but i was wondering what you mixed with the porridge-milk or water? One of my buns needs abit of fattening up! She has been through alot in the past few months and its taking its toll on her weight she is putting weight on i think but it seems to taking ages. Thanks :)

Definitely water, rabbits can't have lactose as far as I'm aware :) My Pipkin loves porridge.

Aw i hope she can gain some weight, i am having the same problem with Lionel he is eating loads but loosing weight fast he is only 0.58kg now :cry: I am going to try some porridge tomorrow, how much are you giving her?

thanks! do you just make it up as normal? and how much?

I just use a pinch of the oats. The rabbit I give it to is only tiny though.
I put a bit of water in with the oats, microwave it so all the water is absorbed then top it up with cold water to make it a nicer consistency and make sure it's not too hot.

Back