• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5th January Snow Pictures.......add yours?

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
As I don't have to work today (apart from my normal bunny duties), I am quite happy to be mucking about in the snow. However, our usually very busy lane is dead quiet and getting around is proving very difficult.

I think 4 cars have tried to get up the lane since first light this morning.

Taken a couple snaps, please add yours...

Outside the house looking up our lane....

5thDecember2010008.jpg

And the other direction...

5thJan2010009.jpg

Back garden..

5thJan2010003.jpg

5thJan2010006.jpg

Last edited:
I'm desperate to get out in it but it is still snowing really hard and I don't want a soggy camera :cry:

Here's one of the farm opposite taken over my fence!!!
DSCF2648.jpg

Taken from my back door, not ventured any further:

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4349.jpg

my foot prints from earlier have almost covered over, will be going to make some more in just a minute!

Hannah

Wow, lovely photos, i think everything looks lovely covered in snow :D

wow!! you have so much snow!! we don't have nearly as much in Essex!

I guess Essex doesnt like snow :(
We have some but not much as everyone else :shock: :lol:

Just been for a walk round the village. Normally you have to be careful as people drive like prats, but today we could walk in the middle of the roads. Lovely and peaceful.

5thJanuary2010002.jpg

The church

5thJanuary2010003.jpg

5thJanuary2010010.jpg

One of the pubs in the distance

5thJanuary2010005.jpg

Across the churchyard.

5thJanuary2010006.jpg

Last edited:
Here's our's today - have to say I'm with you Angie though - it looks beautiful, but I've had enough of it now! :? Really don't want the next lot they've forecast for tomorrow!!

DSCF4348.jpg

Looking down our road - why did we have to live at the very top, which is a dead end?! :roll:
DSCF4349.jpg

DSCF4351.jpg

DSCF4353.jpg

DSCF4352.jpg

My garden yesterday (our heavy snow was Monday night - but my garden has been snow covered since 18th or 19th December ... so glad I don't have outside bunnies). I went out and measured it earlier on and it's 8 inches deep in the back garden today!

Januarysnow069.jpg
Januarysnow064.jpg

These ones were taken a day or two before Xmas:
Dec09028.jpg
Dec09034.jpg

I'm not intending to set foot outside the front door so you've got photos from the inside looking out from me!

Down the driveway:
DSC00762.jpg

(the slope is the reason we don't get anywhere in the snow - don't fancy sliding off the driveway into the wall opposite!)

Front garden:
DSC00763.jpg

Back garden:
DSC00759.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

View out my bedroom window last time (before xmas):

noname.jpg

View from my bedroom window this morning:

IMGP1426.jpg

SNOWMAN! (wearing Charlton scarf :lol:)

IMGP1428.jpg

Close up of Snowman: