• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse-Getting Desperate Now :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: :cry:

Morse is STILL losing weight :cry: He is bright and will eat as much food as I give him but its just not helping :cry:

I am affraid I STILL believe he has a malignant mass in his ear. I KNOW I should trust my Vet and I generally do but on this one I think she may be wrong.
But what do I do? A referal-but to achieve what, no more than a 'diagnosis' (maybe) as Morse is now too frail for anything surgical:cry: To POSSIBLY get to the diagnosis there'd be a long car journey (Morse travels BADLY :cry:) and then lots of stressful diagnostics. Stress that would not result in anything more than answers for me as, as stated, Morse would not survive surgery:cry: Then there is the financial consideration. Before anyone jumps on me I dont mean that the expense would not be 'worth it' but that I just dont have that much spare to fund a referal/diagnostics etc. Plus I'd have to arrange for help getting Morse to the referal destination as I am too poorly :cry: :cry:

I am distraught here, I love Morse so much and seeing him fade away is breaking my heart into a billion pieces :cry:

I will be speaking with C again today, but I just dont know what more we can do.

I think Morse is dying and I feel as though I am too

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jane I'm so sorry I dont really know what to say. You have done everything you can for him and probably more besides. It sounds as though keeping him happy and pain free is the kindest and most stress free thing x

Hun you are being very aware and unselfish to see that getting him daignosed would only serve to answer your own questions. I think you know in your heart, from what you've said, that there is nothing you can do. Either you do nothing, or you put him through all that just to find out what it is with still no/slim chance of helping him. I think you just feel guilty because you've 'doing nothing', and you feel the need to do something to show him(/us?) you care. We all know you care hun, and sometimes, showing you care means knowing what's best for them, not us, which I think you do :?

Sending mega mega hugs for Morse, you and Libby xx

Thinking of you, Jane. Obviously I have no idea what to say about Morse's (think you are one of the ones who knows the most about this on here!) illness but I'm praying he puts on weight. :love::love::love:

I think instead of worrying about what you could/should be doing, maybe you should accept that there is nothing you can do, and just concentrate on loving him to bits and spoiling him rotten :D Plus bunnies sense when we are stressed and upset (I'm sure I don't need to tell you that :roll: ) so if you can try and just accept it, and focus on how lucky you are to have him now, then that will help Morse? I don't know, and I've probably worded that all wrong xx

Im so sorry Jane,Its absoloutly heartbreaking watching a bunny that is loved so much go down hill.You know in your heart what is right for beautiful Morse,he couldnt have better care than he has with you.I wish I could take your pain away xxxxxxxx

I think instead of worrying about what you could/should be doing, maybe you should accept that there is nothing you can do, and just concentrate on loving him to bits and spoiling him rotten :D Plus bunnies sense when we are stressed and upset (I'm sure I don't need to tell you that :roll: ) so if you can try and just accept it, and focus on how lucky you are to have him now, then that will help Morse? I don't know, and I've probably worded that all wrong xx

This is what I wanted to say too but didnt know how to word it either ((hugs))

Just spoken with C.
She says that *if* Morse has a malignancy its not in his ear. She said the abnormality is necrotic tissue.............

More bloods could be taken but C still thinks it would be 'unhelpful'

Of course a referal is always an option- probably to GWR. But as already mentioned what would we hope to achieve apart from lots of stress for Morse.
He barely coped with a 25 minute journey for his U/S. I dread to think what he'd be like if the journey were to be any longer :cry:

Sorry to go on, I just feel so helpless as I am watching Morse fade away before me

:cry: :cry:

:( I'm sorry too, is he in any pain do you think? Has the vet suggested you just keep on with him and let things happen naturally?

:( I'm sorry too, is he in any pain do you think? Has the vet suggested you just keep on with him and let things happen naturally?

He is having Metacam although he does not appear to be in pain unless the 'mass' in his ear is touched. I honestly dont know why he is losing so much weight and so far the tests he's had have not be helpful.

I just dont know what to do :cry: Within himself Morse is bright, happy and eating so much. But still the weight is dropping off him. He is seeing C again tomorrow xx

im really sorry hun, i know exactly hoe you are feeling...

still in the its not :censored: fair frame of mind here..

hope you get a miracle hun xxxxx

I just cant imagin not having Morse here

007-3.jpg

008-5.jpg

Back