• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ohhh nooo urgent bonding help pls

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Sooty and oreo have started fighting - dont know what started it just heard a commotion and ran upstairs, they seem to be chasing and nipping :cry:

What do i do?? - they have seemed so loved up since saturday when they bonded :( they are still together at the mo but i just keep putting a board inbetween to stop them scrapping.

The only thing i put in today was a brand new wooden tunnel - which I have now removed :cry::cry::cry:

Charlie is no-where near - he is downstairs!

Is it just chasing and nipping or are they latched on to each other rolling around in a ball kind of thing?

Awww personally I would keep up with what your doing and give it a bit longer-would they do this to get mum's attention by any chance? Naughty but, unless they get really nasty I would hang on a while.....

This might get me in trouble but if they are scrapping there is only one thing to do - get the squirty water bottle out.... or even a water bottle with a sports cap on. PM me if you want to x

:oops: sorry I assumed they were just chasing and nipping x

They might have been, but just thought i'd ask as thats what most of the more experienced bonders would ask - i think :lol: (but in the words of Manuel - I know narrrrrrthing! :lol:

This might get me in trouble but if they are scrapping there is only one thing to do - get the squirty water bottle out.... or even a water bottle with a sports cap on. PM me if you want to x

You're back! :wave:

Never though of the squirty bottle! :D

yes just chasing and nipping now - is this normal????

Sooty seems to have converted back to her normal grumpy self :? - luckily i still have the water bottle handy - which was unused the first time!! - ANOTHER sleepless night worrying about them!!

You're back! :wave:

Never though of the squirty bottle! :D

Yeah, I wouldnt have attempted bonding my two without one..... it distracts them if they are causing real damage plus it is negative reinforcement, I think I read it in the rabbits for dummies book but I am not sure.

And yeah, I am back baby :D

Hope your herd are doing well x

They might have been, but just thought i'd ask as thats what most of the more experienced bonders would ask - i think :lol: (but in the words of Manuel - I know narrrrrrthing! :lol:

:lol::lol: Join the club - just kidding your in safe hands Kath :shock::lol:

yes just chasing and nipping now - is this normal????

Sooty seems to have converted back to her normal grumpy self :? - luckily i still have the water bottle handy - which was unused the first time!! - ANOTHER sleepless night worrying about them!!

Oh naughty Sooty - have you got work tomorrow aswell?

I would say (and im no expert) that if its just chasing and nipping, then keep them together but keep an eye on them just in case it turns into something more. I believe that chasing/nipping is part of the normal bonding process and maybe do what Jeanna said and use the water bottle?

Anyone else agree? :oops: *Runs and hides*

Now, I may be confused (cos I haven't followed your other threads - but have just glanced at one of them) but the 3 buns you mentioned became a "bonded trio" on Saturday?

Now, I may be confused (cos I haven't followed your other threads - but have just glanced at one of them) but the 3 buns you mentioned became a "bonded trio" on Saturday?

no tried the 3 but the 2 males were fighting really badly so took 1 out - so I nowbhave 2 bonded (male/female) who took to each other immediadely - seemingly love at first sight :?:roll:

no - i took the week off - thank god - i feel so much safer having you lot with me tonight!!! :lol:

Oh yeah doh I remember you saying that now, yeah if you can stick with it I would say, do you think they may have done it to get you up there? Has there been any fur lying around if they have been alone?

Back