• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm being courted by a bunny. o:

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Jack needs castrating~!

He started honking at people a few days ago now. He scampers about honking quietly to no one in particular. But if I enter the room, the volume increases and he'd circle me over and over. I'm sat on the floor, and he's doing binkies of the room, with my in the middle, and he keeps stopping to make sure I'm watching. Keep expecting to be sprayed with pee. :roll: And I'm in some fear for my laptop, which I thought would be safe ON my bed, until his mad laps of the room started to involve my bed also...

As flattering as it is to be subject to said courting behaviour, I think someone needs to be visisted by the Plum Fairy soon...! I'll miss the honking, though. It's such a cute sound.

I'm not even sure! :lol: Because he was a stray, we have no clear idea of his age. But he was really very small, and he HAS grown in the few weeks we've had him. At a guess I'd say under six months old. I had a rummage around - he's very obliging and will let us poke and prod him anywhere, but refuses to be tipped on his back - and the plums are there for removal! :p

He looks so pleased with himself with all this macho behaviour. I've tried telling him that Barney has already woo'ed me with the circling behaviour, but Jack doesn't seem to care and is convinced I must be his doe. :love:

Think yourself lucky its only honking ;) My current foster buns sprays us everytime we go near :shock: He also spends the whole time chinning/licking us and making a funny little noise... quite worrying isnt it :lol: He too is off to see the plum fairy soon ;)

Well at least its a him! Pie does the love dance and honks at me every morning - and she's spayed! :lol:
Its sweet really!

Our last bun, Jake, was never 'done' as we rescued him at about 4/5 years old and he lived on his own - I got sprayed so many times!!! Horny devil :) But it is nice to be appreciated though.

*sighs* Its just the way Dillan used to be.... Won't be long until you have a bunny willy in your face! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Helen xx

He's now taken to obsessively licking the carpet next to me... I'm not sure if it's an indirect compliment, or if somehow it tastes really nice. I'm trying to remember if anything was ever spilt there, but I don't think anything ever was. :?

Ewwww! I'm not looking forward to spraying! I remember reading about it and trying to work out how a female bunny could find being sprayed a compliment. Never thought I'd be risking experiencing it first hand, though.

I was hoping to put off having him castrated for a while. :oops: I went to pieces when I had Bella spayed, it was the worst day, and with Jack I've grown so attached to him, with him being indoors...! I'd hate for anything to happen to him. But he can't mix with my other bunnies or even have more time free ranging until it's done. So I shall have to bite the bullet...!

Don't worry its quite a short little op for boys as its all on the outside. I knew Dillan would be fine when the nurse told me he'd been throwing his toys about and chewing his cardboard that I took him :D
Helen xx

Same with Pooka but everytime I sit on the floor to do his ear drops he runs over and starts mounting my knee :roll:

Jack needs castrating~!

He started honking at people a few days ago now. He scampers about honking quietly to no one in particular.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That made me laugh out loud! I've never heard a honk, only a wierd buzzy grunt and I think the plum fairy :)lol: at that too!) visited the very next day :D

Harry doing the circling behaviour to me and the cat, the cat is not impressed, the plum fairy visiting next week tho bless :lol: Harry licks the carpet too, he destoryed a teddy bear by licking it :roll:

This sounds like my rabbit, Billie Gene, who is just over 3 years old. He isn't fixed and I'm actually not planning on getting it done.... is that okay? He doesn't live with any other rabbits so I don't want to put him through surgery.

He honks at me and circles me and does crazy binkies! But doesn't spray, thank goodness. Although he humps his teddy bear all the time... oh dear...:oops:

*sighs* Its just the way Dillan used to be.... Won't be long until you have a bunny willy in your face! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Helen xx

yup i remember the days with biggles when i put food in but for once my arm was allureing so he sunk his teeth ing and start mounting my arm, the endlesss honking and circleing, the spraying as i walked out the door to work, :lol::lol:

i'll never forget the day my vet check biggles plumbs, :shock: my hes deffinatly a boy, hense the nick name big balls, then ther was doc just the same monting anything and every thing that didnt move and he flashed his winky at the vets when she turned him over :lol:

I miss sooty's courting :) The funny thing was that he'd run in circles round my OH not me, one of the many reasons why we think that he might be batting for the other side :lol::lol:

Back