• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

outside buns

My Buns are fine :wave:
Their hutch is inside our garage, which also has 2 little heaters which keeps the chill of the buns and aviary birds.

They get let out during the day, but the last couple of days they have decided to stay in the hutch where its warmer. :wave:

We are lucky to have them in the garage, otherwise i think they would become house bunnies in winter :lol:

My Buns are fine :wave:
Their hutch is inside our garage, which also has 2 little heaters which keeps the chill of the buns and aviary birds.

They get let out during the day, but the last couple of days they have decided to stay in the hutch where its warmer. :wave:

We are lucky to have them in the garage, otherwise i think they would become house bunnies in winter :lol:

:lol:, we used to have garden bunnies when we had french lop thumper and mini lop mitzi, but when we got rosie she refused to go in a hutch and then i began having house rabbits and got rid of the hutches

:lol:, we used to have garden bunnies when we had french lop thumper and mini lop mitzi, but when we got rosie she refused to go in a hutch and then i began having house rabbits and got rid of the hutches

I would love to have house buns, maybe when i have my own house, when im older have a job etc. But my parents wouldnt allow it :lol: :wave:

To be honest I'm terrified, the hutches don't have as much insulation as I'd like, i'm gonig to buy some more stuff tomorrow but i'm terrified for my rabbits tonight. I was going to keep them in but I've been threatened with losing the rabbits if I do by my animal-hating Grandmother, but I'm scared i'll lose them if tonight :(

All my sheds are insulated and heated,so last night it was -6 outside but 2 degrees inside the sheds.
My hutches for foster bunnies are also insulated upto the hilt!

tarpaulins or drapes

We've got drapes out for overnight, and topped them up with lots of extra hay to snuggle in.

I must admit I am worried sick about ours. I can't wait for this awful weather to be over. Most of our outside buns are 7 years + :(

Can anyone tell me if runts are weaker then normal sized rabbits? i'm really worried about my little runt rabbit in this weather :(

Mine are doing fine. They still refuse to sleep in their bed, prefer to sit on top of it, so the temperature can't bother them too much. They are in a shed with access to a run 24/7, access to the garden whenever I am home. Billy will happily sit outside when it is freezing - crazy boy!

Just wanted to say that I'm thinking of everyone and their 'buns in this weather. I had trouble walking in it when I went out to feed the birds today as the snow here is so deep! :(

Hope everyone's outdoor bunnies come through all this weather ok - especially the older ones.

I would love to have house buns, maybe when i have my own house, when im older have a job etc. But my parents wouldnt allow it :lol: :wave:

my parents used to be against it back when i got my first rabbit thumper, i fought and fought, then said well rosie is coming indoors and im having her in my bedroom, i got my nan on my side, and ever since then mum and dad see them as housebuns and well trained just like dogs :) and also i don't have to keep opening back door making it cold haha

steves hutch is covered and his sleeping area is stuffed tight with straw! but given the choice he will sit out in the snow when he is let out. i had to bribe him back in his hutch today with pellets. so im not too worried

I have a combination of shed and hutches. All of them have been stuffed with straw and hay and the hutches have blankets as well as tarps over them etc. The two pairs in hutches also have a snugglsafe each but to be honest my lot dont seem to be bothered! They are having a porridge type mix, a little morning and eve which is a bit of mashed banana with a few more of there usual pellets and a sprinkling of oats with boiled water poured over and then wait til it fluffs up so it looks tons more than it actually is.
They always seem quite chipper!

Well ive been worried about mine but everynight ive been to lock them up they have been sitting in the outdoor runs:shock: This is at between 10-11pm They go mad when i lock the cat flaps they dont seem to be bothered about the cold weather at all:?

my parents used to be against it back when i got my first rabbit thumper, i fought and fought, then said well rosie is coming indoors and im having her in my bedroom, i got my nan on my side, and ever since then mum and dad see them as housebuns and well trained just like dogs :) and also i don't have to keep opening back door making it cold haha

Lucky!
no matter how hard i try it wont be allowed :(
But they are fine outside, they get the whole garden to themselves, have a nice warm garage to go into when they want :wave: :love:

4 of my rabbits are outside but i got two of my rabbits in side my house as one is a nine year old and is a house rabbit anyway he has a cold well that is what the vet said yesterday (i have six rabbits)
and the ones out side have extra bedding and food and heat pads from a pet shop and
i pestered my parents for ages to let me have my rabbits inside the house
:)

Last edited:
Polo has been moved into the garage, with lots of hay he is fine, its not cold in there.

Flops and Zeb don't seem bothered by it in their shed, they are normally out in the run when i pop and see them :roll: they are knee deep in hay in the shed, im pretty sure they are ok but doesn't stop me worrying!

Our shed is fine, its insulated well and it isnt that cold in there :) Ron and Lols have a big pile of fleeces in the corner, and a dog carrier full of straw. Its the hutches i worry about :( They all have wooden shutters on the front anyway, ive been putting carpet on the top and then tarps over them :( Thats the best i can do but one of the hutches had ice inside this morning :shock: :(

Poor babies. I hope this weather goes soon! xXx

Back