• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One of my Favorite Photos of Gemma my Border Collie-X

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
This was taken in the mid 1980s

Janes052.jpg

Gemma is lovely. She looks so happy & full of energy coming out of the water. Was she a Shetlander border collie?

Gemma is lovely. She looks so happy & full of energy coming out of the water. Was she a Shetlander border collie?

No, but she came up with us.
She flew BA from Heathrow to Aberdeen and then Aberdeen to Sumburgh.

She also did the Aberdeen-Lerwick crossing on the St Claire :shock:

I feel seasick just thinking about it !!

No, but she came up with us.
She flew BA from Heathrow to Aberdeen and then Aberdeen to Sumburgh.

She also did the Aberdeen-Lerwick crossing on the St Claire :shock:

I feel seasick just thinking about it !!

Wow what a marvelous girlie! That's quite some journey for any animal.
Yes, I used to do the St. Claire crossing & can feel sea sick on a mill pond too! Did they still let you go down to comfort your traveling pets?

Gee Jane, she looks SOOOO much like Spider!
It's just their markings that are slightly different!

Wow what a marvelous girlie! That's quite some journey for any animal.
Yes, I used to do the St. Claire crossing & can feel sea sick on a mill pond too! Did they still let you go down to comfort your traveling pets?

Mal always travelled on the St Claire with her. I refused point blank to do a sea crossing :oops:

Mind you, that final leg to touchdown at Sumburgh Airport could be rather :shock: :shock: in a crosswind !!

Yes a cross wind was a bit hairy. Did you ever go on the inter island "hoppers"?

The worst for me was Foula in an 8 seater "Dan D(air)"
1st. you helped to clear the sheep off the runway at "Tingwall international airport" accessed by a stile. But it was take off from Foula which got me. We sort of chugged up the hill, & just about fell over the edge of a 200' drop. It wasn't helped by everyone ribbing the "newbie" (me), about balancing the aircraft if you flew back with a "large" sick patient, or jokes that the aircraft were powered by elastic bands. :shock::shock:

Yes a cross wind was a bit hairy. Did you ever go on the inter island "hoppers"?

The worst for me was Foula in an 8 seater "Dan D(air)"
1st. you helped to clear the sheep off the runway at "Tingwall international airport" accessed by a stile. But it was take off from Foula which got me. We sort of chugged up the hill, & just about fell over the edge of a 200' drop. It wasn't helped by everyone ribbing the "newbie" (me), about balancing the aircraft if you flew back with a "large" sick patient, or jokes that the aircraft were powered by elastic bands. :shock::shock:

:lol:

Thankfully I avoided the Island Hoppers but here I am after 'playing' with HM Coastguards at Sumburgh...........

Janes110-1.jpg

Back