• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EXTREME Weather Alert for Southern England

Thank you for posting that. I had heard it might snow, but not how bad it could be. Goodness me! :shock:

I am between the orange and the red, so I will make sure I am up earlier tomorrow as if I do drive to work, I need plenty of time to do it. :roll:

Thanks again!

WOO HOO

I like snow :D

We have snow in Cheltenham right now and it is TOTALLY AWESOME

Of course, it isnt so great if you have to drive in it.

Thank you for posting that. I had heard it might snow, but not how bad it could be. Goodness me! :shock:

I am between the orange and the red, so I will make sure I am up earlier tomorrow as if I do drive to work, I need plenty of time to do it. :roll:

Thanks again!

I'm red....god knows how I'll get to work if it's bad tomorrow :)D:D:D:oops: )

I should be ok. Being in south eats london. But still, ive still gotta get up and do the horses every morning snow or not! :roll:

Make sure you have everything charged up like mobile phones and laptops, this might bring down power cables. Have a flask of hot water ready and keep a torch to hand.
Good luck everyone.

Im in Cambridgeshire and it just says 'Be Aware' for the whole week - I am not sure I can keep up 'being aware' that long!!!!:shock::shock:

We've already got it very deep here. I nearly sank myself when I went out to feed the birds just now! It took my husband 1 1/2 hours to get home (he's come home early from work as we live at the top of a steep hill) - it normally takes 20 minutes!!

We're in a red area, my OH will be driving home in the rush hour and looked amused as I put a blanket and torch in the car this morning with him (yes I know you're always supposed to carry these, but what better day to break a bad habit than a day with a heavy snow warning? :lol:)

I bet he won't be so amused if he needs to use them on the way home :roll:

yet again looks like i'll get a drizzle i swear we have a protective dome over my town we have had next to ziltch

we're still building our snow reserves in the north! oldham's website says its going to get worse towards the weekend - and currently my garden path and steepish steps have completely disappeared under the snow.:wave:

folkestone, next to dover, they are getting a lil snow in the hills, we are below sea level here too

Yeah, and I saw that earlier, I am in one of the areas that says 40 cms....we will see, but how exciting if it is !

Back