• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot bricks?

bunnylover177

Alpha Buck
Can you heat bricks up instead of buying more bloomin' expensive snuggle safes? I think I read something on the forum a while back about putting bricks in the oven to heat up very slowly. Has anyone tried it? Would they explode?? How long do they stay warm? maybe I should ask my mum - I think they did that sort of thing in the war!

They used to in Victorian times - they'd heat them and wrap them in a towel to warm the beds
Its worth a try!

Someone did post a message about heating bricks a week or so ago. I think she said heat on a low setting (in a conventional oven - NOT a microwave)for a couple of hours, wrap in a towel and place wherever you want it.

Can't see any reason why you couldn't. After all, bricks are fired in a kiln at ultra-high temperatures!!!!

I suspect it was me that said that - and we used it all last winter and they were great!

Though it was embarressing when the man came to clean the oven in spring and there were still small bits of brick dust etc:oops::oops:

You might find it quite expensive to cook those bricks for hours inside of running the microwave for 7 minutes :?

Back