• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do BEW bunnies have hearing/sight problems?

gemmam

Alpha Buck
I know cats/dogs with this colouring are more likely to have problems with sight and hearing, just wondered if the same is true of BEW rabbits?

My BEW minilop has limited vision and is very light sensitive. I don't think she has any problems with her hearing though, unless you count selective listening:)

They can have sight problems yes. I haven't found limited sight an issue with any of my bunnies though, they're still perfect. :love::love:

Belle, my BEW, does have sight problems. And Sophie scans, which is a bit scary when you see it for the first time (she had 2 PEW in her litter) but she isn't that colour, she is brown and white. Neither have hearing problems,

Do any of the bunnies with some but limited vision have problems going up and down ramps etc? Might be a daft question but was just wondering how much of a problem this could be.

Do any of the bunnies with some but limited vision have problems going up and down ramps etc? Might be a daft question but was just wondering how much of a problem this could be.

Mine don't have a ramp as they don't live in a hutch, they're indoor buns, they get around just as well as my other bunnies, they're just a tad jumpy.:)

Crystal lives inside so doesn't do a ramp either. She does startle really easily and occasionally runs into walls. However, she has no problems jumping on a storage chest and then onto a window ledge in order to nom the wood around the windows:roll:
I love her though:love:

This is interesting I realised REW had some sight problems but not BEW. Sometimes Princess Daisy does seem to startle easily and hides...maybe this is why. However it doesn't happen all the time and usually only when free ranging outside.

Back