• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why do my bunnies hate me?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Strawberry has always been difficult so I have accepted he doesn't like me. Snowdrop has always been very flacid yet recently has started grunting at me and boxed at me when I took her fleece out of her crate.

Bungle has never been a cuddle bun but again recently has started grunting at us and he lunged at my OH yesterday when he went to put a greens leaf near him. Just now I tried to rub his head while he was eating and he started grunting and boxing again.

What is wrong with them all? Are they feeling insecure on their own so feel the need to be more agressive? Are they over confident on their own? Am I doing something very wrong to make them like his?

I dnt expect to be able tp pick them up and cuddle them but it would be nice if they would sit with me or tolerate a nose rub every now and again!

Aw, I really feel for you, I know what its like when you do everything you can for them and they still wont give you a cuddle.

I am sure that they dont hate you though

snowdrop is only peed off because of her recent stasis hun, takes time to forget mean mommy forcefed drugs and left her at the vets :no:

the other two are blokes, cant really expect anything but macho from them ;)

ive only ever known hated from Alvin, and i acutally prefer it to the cowering bunny Pearl has become...

independant buns rule :thumb:

Aw, I really feel for you, I know what its like when you do everything you can for them and they still wont give you a cuddle.

I am sure that they dont hate you though

I don't mind not having cuddles, I am just worried I am going to lose a finger with one of them soon! I think I maybe need to spend more time with them hand feeding to try and win them over again.

I am sure they don't hate you hun. I have got used to the fact that Liam nips and headbutts me and will bite my hand off if i don't get the food out quick enough!

Dexter is the same. :(:( he lunges at me, rushes at you full pelt... went to put him in his bed this morning and he's bitten me on the wrist hard enough to draw blood and i have a lovely bruise.

Sometimes he's fine... licks and lies down next to you... but it takes a lot of persuasion to let me pick him up sometimes. sometimes he seems almost scared or nervous. its not a screaming afraid for my life bite... more of a i dont know if you're going to hurt me/ive had enough type thing. im not sure which. but ive had him from three months old and he's never been shown anything but love and affection.

he's been 'fixed' for three months now. but he is my first buck rabbit... are males more aggressive? My does were never like this. It's heartbreaking. and i look like i self harm... when i explain its the giant rabbit, i look a bit loopy.

Maybe they can smell each other on you, my lovely sweet Poppy attacked me once because I'd been handling other buns, and even though I'd washed my hands she could still smell them :roll:

Maybe. I hope they settle down once they are bonded. I dont like being lunged at for no reason!

Maybe they can smell each other on you, my lovely sweet Poppy attacked me once because I'd been handling other buns, and even though I'd washed my hands she could still smell them :roll:

I agree with Louise, it's probably the other rabbits causing the aggression. And some buns are just naturally nervous.

Back