• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Room to let

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
Not sure this is the right place to post this but here goes anyway.

Most of you know that we brought the 3 babies in while we finished building their run. Well, now that they are in, they are so happy and we love having them in the house. They are due to be neutered on Friday so we had already discussed keeping them in until after that.

We still have to keep the heater on low in the shed so that Emily and Muffins water doesnt freeze. This means that the top tier of the shed is being all cosy and nobun is benefiting.

We have been talking and we want to keep them in at least until spring. We still have to go out to spend time with Emily and Muff. What a waste of space.

The 2nd tier is L shaped, 8 x 4 across the back and 6 x 4 down the side, the two areas have a door between them but that was kept open for the babies once Fudge was proved to be a boy.

Now that the 2nd tier run is finished, there is permenant access to it, its 8 x 7foot, its covered and is safe and secure. (posted pics yesterday in the housing section).

We would like to offer the warm cosy space to somebun/s on a foster or boarding basis.

I quite like the idea of boarding bunnies as I know how many people are looking for someone to look after their buns but I also like the idea of fostering.

I guess it gives us the option to give help where and when its needed.

I would be really grateful for your thoughts or if you could give us any advice on fostering, that would be great.

Angela

I think it sounds like a great idea. There are a few things to think about though.

If you are boarding what about insurance? Also with either option what about disease - how close will the visiting buns be to yours? Will they be able to smell them/ see them. Is this likely to cause issues for your own buns? Either way good luck with it

I think you need a licence if you are going to charge for it. Not entirely sure though. I'm sure a boarder will be along to help soon :)

Fostering you could do though :)

Back