• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anything Else I need to Do?

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
Radish is in for her spay tomorrow and I have done the following:-

Made her cage as clean as comfy as possible (lots of lovely towels and Fleeces and cushions). Just hoping she decides not to pee anywhere other than her litter tray tonight :lol::lol:
Made her a pack lunch to take to leave with the vets
Made her carry case comfy with fleece to keep her warm

Is there anything I have missed that I could or should do for her either before she goes or when she gets back from the vets?

Put hay in a rack and don't put down shavings or megazorb as it could stick to the wound and have plenty of nice nommies for her. Hope it goes well.

Make sure you've got any questions that you've not yet asked the vet to hand - it's easy to forget in the rush of everything in the morning. Make sure you know what the vet procedures are for collecting her. - Mine always say I can phone after a certain time to find out how my bunny's doing, and let me know then when I can pick them up.

Find out what after care will be expected of you. Will you have to administer any pain relief, or will she have a 24 hour doseage. Do you know if the vet will use stitches or glue? - Make sure you know the emergency vets / contact number in case anything happens over night - unlikely, but better to be prepared, some bunnies are prone to pulling stitches out. When will you need a follow-up appointment for a routine check up?

If your contact number is a mobile, make sure it's charged in case they need to get a hold of you.

Make sure her recovery place is going to be quiet and relaxing. Do you have a snugglesafe heat pad? - P@h sell them. They're chew proof heat pads that once microwaved last for hours.

I'm sure it'll all go fine, sounds as though you're well prepared. :D Good luck to you both for tomorrow.

Put hay in a rack and don't put down shavings or megazorb as it could stick to the wound and have plenty of nice nommies for her. Hope it goes well.

She has megazorb in her litter tray and I don't have anything else at the moment because she was eating the biocatolet :roll: do you think this will be an issue?

She has megazorb in her litter tray and I don't have anything else at the moment because she was eating the biocatolet :roll: do you think this will be an issue?

I would just put newspaper in her litter tray.

Key things to talk to the vet about are;

Gut simulant jab after the GA
Pain relief to take home
Caring for stitches

You could try newspaper just for a few days to begin with. Wooden cat litter pellets should be OK if you need something more absorbent?

Make sure you've got any questions that you've not yet asked the vet to hand - it's easy to forget in the rush of everything in the morning. Make sure you know what the vet procedures are for collecting her. - Mine always say I can phone after a certain time to find out how my bunny's doing, and let me know then when I can pick them up.

Find out what after care will be expected of you. Will you have to administer any pain relief, or will she have a 24 hour doseage. Do you know if the vet will use stitches or glue? - Make sure you know the emergency vets / contact number in case anything happens over night - unlikely, but better to be prepared, some bunnies are prone to pulling stitches out. When will you need a follow-up appointment for a routine check up?

If your contact number is a mobile, make sure it's charged in case they need to get a hold of you.

Make sure her recovery place is going to be quiet and relaxing. Do you have a snugglesafe heat pad? - P@h sell them. They're chew proof heat pads that once microwaved last for hours.

I'm sure it'll all go fine, sounds as though you're well prepared. :D Good luck to you both for tomorrow.

Ooh I don't have a snugglesafe and I'm at work tomorrow but I might pop out at lunch tomorrow and pick one up for her.

I must remember to ask about the stitches thing. I must write these questions down or I will forget as I have a brain like a sieve.

Back