• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with bunnies who live in your bedroom...

If Pooka is settled somewhere around my room when i'm going to bed (2-3am) then i leave him, but if he's gone back in his crate i shut the door.

my pair are put to bed in thier own room/large cage

im not brave enough to have them loose with the dog here and when ste & ralph go away i try to keep the routine so they still get put to bed

free range all evening though :D

had one bun totaly free range once, nicked my sox, head butted me at 4am every morning

i tried leave bigs and carrie out carrie is fine, but biggs loves to tiddle on my faux throw ( only that territory thing )and nibble holes in my pillow cases and duvet, so i cant do that anymore

rosie is free range in my bedroom, she has a dogcrate, she is quite now she's getting older, she can no longer jump on my bed soo snoozes on her bunny fleece

eric's free range but he's still too scared to try the spiral stairs in this house:roll: IF he did come upstairs tho i think i'd confine him a little as we sleep in the living room on a futon when OH's daughter stays and eric gets hyper at night - last weekend i nearly had heart attack cos he was licking my face whilst i was asleep so when i jumped, he went flying:lol:

:roll: If ever Travis was out at night he'd jump on my bed - usually on my head! and would start hassling me for attention. Not to mention any other mischief that I wouldn't catch him up to!

I once got up to go to the loo in the night and found him sat on my laptop on my desk.... eating the carnations in the vase there.... :roll:

They didn't mind being in their pen / dog crate at night. If anything it gives them that sense of security.

Even now Travis is in the living room, he's still shut in his pen at night.

Honey is freerange all night and day. I do get my usual wake up push and she sits on my head if I am not up earlier enough though :roll:

Nope...she's enough hassle out in the day :roll:

She's a real destroyer since she's been inside...you wouldn't think she's on lifelong meds :roll:

Noah is completely freerange & comes to bed every night :D:love: I love having him on the bed, even when he wakes me in the early hours of the morning for a cuddle :love:

When I lived in the flat and Joey was a house bunny I used to let him free-range all night... but after a few sleepless nights caused by a bunny racing in figures of 8s round my room, out into the hall and round the living room I had to re-think! :lol: It was so funny listening to him thundering around the place. But it was wooden floors and the people downstairs didn't find it quite as funny. :roll:

Its really hard to pretend to be cross when Snowdrop wakes me up by binkying in her crate and making loads of noise!

Shauny and SophieAnnie have full run of our bedroom (we have a 2 level dog crate which is their base, but we never shut them in it). And when we are home they have full run of the upstairs landing and 2 other rooms:)

For quite a few years i used to put Benj to bed on a night particularly when he was little as he would find amusing things to chew like the sofa or a cable for intance. As he got older and wel behaved i saw no point putting him to bed as they naturally become more active in the evening so i was putting him to bed as he was waking up. He was also left out while i went out during the day so it didnt matter.

Maisie and Tilly have their own bedroom but i do put them to bed as they are still young and nibble things they shouldn't. Bunny proofing is so time consuming :D

When mine were indoor rabbits I would put them in there cage and shut door when i went bed and let them out 1st thing in morning. If i didnt i wouldnt get any sleep as they would pelt about alnight, jumping on me, digging my bed and alsorts :lol:

...do you let them free-range at night?

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No way! I'd wake up with Dillan cleaning my face, have no wallpaper and no working electricals!! But he's just naughty :p
Helen xx

Back