• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutches and sheds

Daisylop

Mama Doe
Those of you who have their bunnies in sheds,do you lock them up in a hutch or in an area at night? or do you let them free range about the shed at night?
mine are currently in a hutch in the shed at night but let out in the day to free range about the shed or garden [there is always someone in here]

I let mine roam around the shed all night. They have always been outdoors but i do put boxes etc filled with hay in as well as the whole floor area having thick covering of hay incase they get too cold. Its well protected from wind and rain and we have insulated all of the shed. Mine havent ever really been shut in a hutch so i dont think they would like it anyway as they arent used to it :)

Mine free range around the 6x4 shed that they live in, although there is a covering of hay and a cat carrier inside

My bunny free ranges round the shed all the time, his hutch door hasn't been shut for over a year.

My 5 free range around the shed but I close off the flap to the outside run of a night time. They don't have a hutch inside, just different levels of selving with carpet tiles. If they don't hear me coming in the morning I sometimes catch them all snuggled up together on the carpet. If I put any boxes with hay/straw etc for them to cuddle up in I just find them either torn to shreds by the morning or else they have wee'd in them so not much use for sleeping in :roll:

I used to worry about the cold but since finding 3 of them stretched full out on the concrete floor of the outside run at 11pm in the freezing cold I'm guessing inside on a carpet tile is positively the Bahamas! :roll:

Mine have full use of the sheds. They have several shelves, and the top one is more enclosed and filled with hay. The majority of them use their "bedrooms".

Yep mine free range in the shed too, its insulated and I have a section of carpet, a furry blanket and some boxes with hay. Like somebun else, they just use the box as a toilet. They also have 24 hour access to the run which is attached and secure. during the day, they have full access to the garden and even today when its been frosty all day, they have still been in the garden.

Even when its been really cold, they still move the blanket and lay on the lino floor of the shed.

Mine have 24hr access to 6x4 shed with attached 6x4 run. I used to shut them in just the shed at night but someone on here pointed out that if the run isnt safe at night it isnt safe for the day either

Back