• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking Grim to the vets tomorrow UD post 12 Results

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
He's dribbling a bit and has a tiny bit of a wet nose. It could just be lack of front teeth but I'm worried his molar spurs might have come back. He's eating fine but seems overly obsessed with bread which is soft. I'd just rather be safe than sorry. :(

I've seen him eat a few pellets but I'm considering feeding them separately to make sure he's eating enough and Samus isn't taking his share, but how would I go about doing that? I might get Sams weighed when we go to the vets to see if she's put any weight on...

Last edited:
I might not be taking him now. :(
Just had a phone call from relatives and their old cat Barney is really sick. His mum Fifi got really skinny and disappeared soon after. She's been missing for over a month and we assume she went away to die. :cry:
And now Barney is going the same way but he's started throwing up tonight. As they're disabled I've said I'll take him tomorrow and it's pretty urgent. Grim was pigging out on chinchilla pellets while I was on the phone to them so I may rearrange his check up for another day. :?

And then Chong is in for his neuter on Wednesday... too much vets. I don't like it. :cry:

ohh noo :cry: do you still go to the vets in north walsham??

I never did in the end. I was recommended a vet in Norwich for my chinchilla and it's just a tad easier to get to. :)
I think their vets are just down the road but she has major back problems. I'll take Grim on Thursday if I can't do both tomorrow. I feel so sorry for her, loosing Fifi and now Barney is bad. She loves her cats so much, as much as I love my bunnies and although I didn't speak to her on the phone I could hear how upset she was in the background. And the last time I took one of her cats to the vets they accused her of mistreating the cat. I was mortified! And she's so scared they'll either want to put him down or say she's mistreating Barney. But I assured her I wouldn't have any of it. :(

RESULTS:

I took Grim and Smoo. Grim's spurs are coming back but they're not too bad at the moment. I need to book him in sometime next month for another dental, but he's gone for ages without needing one so I'm fairly happy. His gums are all fine which is amazingly good news. And he got more eye drops. Samus had put on 25g so I'm going to have to watch her weight... and her food intake. ;)

I then took my buns home and went to my boyfriend's nan's and took Barney to the vets. He's so skinny he weighs less than my buns. :(
They've done some bloods and we should get the results tomorrow or the day after. It could be something easily treatable like diabetes or an overactive thyroid gland, but it could also be something more serious like kidney or liver problems. Just have fingers crossed it's as good as it can be. Poor kitty, he's just skin and bones all his muscles are starting to waste. But they gave him an injection to stop the nausea he had and when we took him home he was purring and ate lots of meat. :)

And I'm taking my chinchilla Chong to be castrated tomorrow which I'm so nervous about. Three different vets in two days is too much.

I'm glad that Grim is fine.:)
Sending lots of vibes for your kitty and your chinchilla xxxx

Thank you! I just hope I'm doing the right thing for my chinnie but he's so lonely on his own. :(

But I'm so happy for Grim, things are starting to look up for him. He's in love wit ha snuggle girlfriend and he's not on any medication bar eye drops which is awesome for him. :)

Thank you! I just hope I'm doing the right thing for my chinnie but he's so lonely on his own. :(

But I'm so happy for Grim, things are starting to look up for him. He's in love wit ha snuggle girlfriend and he's not on any medication bar eye drops which is awesome for him. :)

I don't know anything about chinchillas, but I'm quite sure that your vet knows what he's doing.:) You are doing the right thing though: I wouldn't like to have an animal on his/her own either.

Back