• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twinkle has a sore hock! Urgent advice please!

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Can i please have some advice? I know there has been past posts on this before but for some reason my computer is not bringing up the search results when i try to do the search.

Should I take her to the vets or is there a treatment I can do from home? I would always take to the vets but its just i have a chest infection at the minute and i am in bed. Ill take her this afternoon if necessary though.

Thanks!

Is the skin broken ?

Suddenly developing sore hocks is often indicative of an under-lying problem so a Vet check would be a good idea.

What substrate is she kept on ?

i don't have any experience with true sore hocks (thankfully), just a tiny bald patch esme gets occasionally which i put sudocream on for a few days. is it really red and weeping or anything?

I took her to the vets at the vet said to keep an eye on it and bring her back if the skin breaks or it looks any more inflamed. He said it wasnt painful for her cos when he touched it she didnt show any discomfort. I have some antibiotic cream to put on for a couple of days. Other than that he said if ever it looks a bit dry, stick some E45 or something on it to keep it moist.

Thanks for the advice!!

Back