• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding help - Norwich/Ipswich/Cambridge/Peterborough

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Hi - Im thinking of trying charlie in with my 2 again but am going to get some help this time.
I dont mind travelling up to 2 hours - Anymore than that I dont think its fair on the buns..
Im in Norfolk and I dont think there is anyone near me..reading other stories on trios they will need to stay about a week. I dont think it will work someone helping me because im just too nervous to watch so will have to leave them with someone.

Can anyone help??
Im happy to make a donation xx

Im in norfolk, and im interested in your story. I get the impression you have tried to bond them in the past? Ive only just joined the forum so dont know if you have posted previous attempts on the site.

Im in norfolk, and im interested in your story. I get the impression you have tried to bond them in the past? Ive only just joined the forum so dont know if you have posted previous attempts on the site.

Heres my failed attempt on saturday (well half failed - got 2 together but not the 3)..

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=210198

The pair went together fine but with 3 its a bit more tricky .. I have 2 males and a female.

I'd be worried about rocking the boat with your younger two, I've read the previous thread. I've tried 3 singletons as a trio two boys and a girl but Charlie (boy) was a complete wuss and was completely out of the equation he was peace maker between Benji and Milly if anything. Your Charlie sounds like a boss man. Milly HATES other female bunnies, I could never intro another female to her.

I'd be worried about rocking the boat with your younger two, I've read the previous thread. I've tried 3 singletons as a trio two boys and a girl but Charlie (boy) was a complete wuss and was completely out of the equation he was peace maker between Benji and Milly if anything. Your Charlie sounds like a boss man. Milly HATES other female bunnies, I could never intro another female to her.

Can a good bond break with the intro of another bun now?? Hmm Im also very wary as I dont want to risk what my 2 have now! :?
So was your 3 successful??

I'm not sure about 'breaking' a bond because its never something I've had happen but I've read various from much more experienced people on here so have formed an opinion from that. Having fighting bunnies in a attempted bond can never be good.

My 3 was successful but that was down to Charlie being really the bottom of the bottom he would never ever boss his own bum around let alone stamp authority on anybun. If he wasn't there however I think Milly and Benji would never have got on, both are head strong.

I'd love to say bring them around but I wouldn't be confident in intro-ing a single to a pair, esp one that might be on the scary side! :oops: :lol:

I'd love to help, but don't think I'd feel comfortable enough with anyone else's buns! :oops::oops: I'll blame myself if anything happens to my buns....with someone else's I'd be far worse!!:roll::roll:

I'd love to help, but don't think I'd feel comfortable enough with anyone else's buns! :oops::oops: I'll blame myself if anything happens to my buns....with someone else's I'd be far worse!!:roll::roll:

funny i feel the total opposite i loved bonding other peoples buns was my own i was more nervous with and even then i got one of my pairs bonding by janice cuz i was too wossy :lol: though once ive moved ill be bonding my lot into a 5 that will be fun :?,

i would do the bonding but your too far from me im afraid

:shock: Gosh your brave, I couldn't part with mine to do this. I think if it were me Kath I would leave the loved up duo and go to plan 'b' of having 2 pairs initially - if you can then get someone to come and bond the 4 - I would of thought 2 pairs would be easier than a bonded couple and a single male. I don't have experience so this is just my opinion :lol: for gods sake I feel like I have to say that all the time now!:roll: I would hate to hear little Oreo had gone downhill or that those two had 'broken' up after all your hard work. As you said Charlie was used to being on his own and I reckon you are more than making up for it, I bet he is spoilt. Your decision but, consider really carefully the stress on the duo being away from mum aswell! x

:shock: Gosh your brave, I couldn't part with mine to do this. I think if it were me Kath I would leave the loved up duo and go to plan 'b' of having 2 pairs initially - if you can then get someone to come and bond the 4 - I would of thought 2 pairs would be easier than a bonded couple and a single male. I don't have experience so this is just my opinion :lol: for gods sake I feel like I have to say that all the time now!:roll: I would hate to hear little Oreo had gone downhill or that those two had 'broken' up after all your hard work. As you said Charlie was used to being on his own and I reckon you are more than making up for it, I bet he is spoilt. Your decision but, consider really carefully the stress on the duo being away from mum aswell! x

:lol::lol::lol: I know i keep changing my mind but I keep having doubts about what im doing for the best - and all I want is for the buns to be happy - I see Sooty and Oreo all snuggled and loving each other and feel sorry for poor charlie all on his own sat in the corner :cry: but then he does have me and tends to like humans more than buns - I think he thinks he is human - he doesnt like veg very much :shock: AND doesnt chew anything he shouldnt :shock: - so un bun like!!!!
I have spoken to twigs (parsnipbun) who I got Charlie through and she recommends leaving him as a single and not to try with my 2 again - I have also thought this from the start!!
Soooo Im staying as we are - Everytime i walk in the bedroom I am just awwww at sooty and oreo - Oreo has been licking her to death but he is not allowed to stop without her permission :lol:
So the last thing i want is to break that up - i have also extended their space today and they are fine :D..
As you say once Im sorted and ok about getting another bun I may well try and pair him up with a lovely lady bun..
Note to self - when rehoming again get a bonded pair from rescue - save me all this stress and torturing myself about whether ive done the right thing! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I know i keep changing my mind but I keep having doubts about what im doing for the best - and all I want is for the buns to be happy - I see Sooty and Oreo all snuggled and loving each other and feel sorry for poor charlie all on his own sat in the corner :cry: but then he does have me and tends to like humans more than buns - I think he thinks he is human - he doesnt like veg very much :shock: AND doesnt chew anything he shouldnt :shock: - so un bun like!!!!
I have spoken to twigs (parsnipbun) who I got Charlie through and she recommends leaving him as a single and not to try with my 2 again - I have also thought this from the start!!
Soooo Im staying as we are - Everytime i walk in the bedroom I am just awwww at sooty and oreo - Oreo has been licking her to death but he is not allowed to stop without her permission :lol:
So the last thing i want is to break that up - i have also extended their space today and they are fine :D..
As you say once Im sorted and ok about getting another bun I may well try and pair him up with a lovely lady bun..
Note to self - when rehoming again get a bonded pair from rescue - save me all this stress and torturing myself about whether ive done the right thing! :lol:

Sorry had to log off as dinner ready :lol: I am so glad you have decided to do that and glad you weren't cross with me, I totally understand where you are coming from about Charlie but, I would imagine he has deffo landed on his paws! He was always on his own and if you are giving him loads of attention he will be happy. It would be lovely if you could find him a nice girlie eventually but, he is still quite new to you so the bonding with you will still be going on although sounds like he is hooked already:lol: I think you did a lovely thing taking him on but, the two youngsters are loved up and make such a lovely couple it would be a shame to risk that and possibly their health if they got stressed out being away from you. I keep thinking I could bond Gizmo and Ness now as he is neutered etc but, I am just going to wait - the cold weather has made it easier as I am keeping him in at the moment all the time but, he does see her through the french doors and she see's him and I feel bad keeping them apart but, it will be worth it to get her spayed and healed etc and bond on neutral turf in the spring, I am going to have them both outdoor then. (Thats the plan anyway) I don't know if it is cause she is female but, I am still being surprised and getting to know Ness now and I have had her for a while now. She took to me straight away but, still everyday she does something new - a new sound or different binky, last night she nibbled me with teeth for the first time!:shock: she has nudged me before. I was in my dressing gown fixing a covering on the shed window to keep some heat in and she wanted my attention and I deffo felt teeth :lol: she licked me then and circled me so hopefully she doesn't want blood!:lol: What I suppose I am trying to say is you have done a lovely thing with Chaz:lol: and the duo and it's probably taken it out of you so you can just enjoy things as they are and see how you feel in a couple of weeks, that is weird how he doesn't like veg - does he not eat herbs or grape or nana either?

Awww really pleased they didn't get un-settled with more room aswell. I laughed about the licking thing - Gizmo does this to me so I am hoping he will do it to Ness and she will love it - he is deffo a licker, I am concerned he thinks I am bun as he now even tries to lick my eyes !! I am worried he will get poisoned by my eye make-up :lol:

If you did decide to try and bond them, I would always be happy to help. Couldn't tell you what the right decision is though.

Thanks Jenova - i think i will leave it - Charlie is new to me and Sooty and oreo are only a few days bonded - Its alot of upheaval for the buns (and me)!
But I may take your offer up at a later date once evrything has settled - thanks soo much for the offer..

Vicky - Naughty Ness for the nibble :no: - Im sure she didnt mean it - that is what buns do to each other but of course they dont feel it unlike us :roll: - Oreo and Sooty have transformed!! Im starting to think I was frustrating them by keeping them apart sooo long but then Oreo was only de-plumed recently so its all good. sooty is soo chilled :shock: she lets me stroke her (only started this today) but they both still come running for nose rubs :love: - so they havent abandoned me for each other.
Oreo has also changed - hes soo much more bossy and brave - if Sooty is in the tray he wants to be in - he squeezes in or turfs her out (and she obliges) and he gets his way with the food all the time (will have to keep an eye on it) but it has surprised me how much they are sharing food as they are both greedy buns...
Charlie doesnt like banana or herbs - the only thing he likes is a little carrot and celery and broccoli sprout (i think thats what its called) - its the first time ive bought that and all 3 love it!! - hope its allowed :? I even emailed his previous owner to see what his fav foods were but hes still not really that interested - hes a great hay eater though so I suppose that the main thing and I have weaned him onto excel pellets the same as the other 2 away from the crappy food he arrived with!! He loves those too! Strange having a rabbit who still has veg in his tray at the end of the day - with sooty and oreo its gone in seconds! :roll:
Its funny how every bun has their own little personality isnt it - Havent seen Charlie Binky yet though - Im sure he will in time :) (Parsnipbun says he is overweight - he is a bit of a porker bless him - so maybe thats why :lol:)

and also to add - at least I havent got to worry about getting charlie in for his myxi on thursday - as you may remember - I was panicking last week it was right in the middle of their bond! No probs now! :D

Last edited:
Awww poor Charlie - maybe the rubbish food made him tubby? Or was he not allowed much running? Brocolli florets :lol: sounds much posher - I knew what you meant :) are fine, mine love them - I give them every other day, I alternate spring greens, parsley and brocolli rather than feeding together as I believe they are quite high in calcium. I tend to feed one of the 3 high calcium with a lower category like basil or celery or carrot etc I found that out on here - learnt so much reading through all the info :D

Come on Charlie - Binky time .....:lol: He will and it's great when they do it - I laugh at Ness and she does it more - she even puts on show for my mum aswell as she is in stitches, she is sooo cute, Gizmo sort of kicks his back legs out whereas she sort of jumps on all fours then runs really fast and then 'high kicks' and then dashes back towards me as if to say ' how was that one'!:lol::love:

Back