• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

theo didn't touch his pellets this morning :(

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
last week they where being fed around 10.00 but i've started back to work this morning so they got fed early and theo never looked at his pellets. ted and petal devoured theres. he also didn't finish them yesterday. the water bottles has frozen over night so not sure if he was just a little thirsty so therefore couldn't think to eat his pellets. i did manage to get him to eat a fenugreek crunchy then he just went and sat in a ball. he wasn't teeth grinding and had been running about. could he just have been cold and thirsty? i really hope he's okay as i started back to work this morning.

If he hasn;t eaten by the time you get home i would maybe give him some recovery mix which you can syringe in to keep his gut functioning. Your vet sould have this.

My Benj also perked up if he had some smootie although not too much so they will get tummy ache.

It as been very cold out, are tey outside?? Could you move them into a shed or garage were it is a little warmer.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply they live in the shed which is converted. he doesn't seem to have as thick a coat as ted and petal. ted went up to see him after her breakfast to keep him warm. hopefully he'll eat something when i go home. i might put the heater on tonight for them to see if that helps.

Vibes for Theo. Hope he's eating later. Be careful with syringe feeding - best not to do it until he's seen a vet just in case there's an impaction.

thanks guys theo was more himself this morning, i think he was just so cold yesterday and the water bottles had frozen over night. when i went home he was munching away on his hay, he ate them no problem this morning. pheweee. such a rascal scaring his mummy like that.

I do find that if i feed mine at a different time they aren't overly interested:roll:

Glad he's feeling better x

Back