• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pooing in his box - help

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
Smudge livs in a playhouse but as it is soooo cold I've had a box made forhim (LIke a hutch with no front) that I stuff with straw and include a snugglesafe underneath :love: - but every day he flls the top laying of hay with poo! His litter tray is opposite the box - why won't he get out and use it rather than poo in his bed?!!!

I've found my bunnies will poo wherever there is hay. Now I only keep hay in their litter trays, and they are magically litter perfect! :lol:

If you want to avoid having him poo in there, maybe put a separate hay box within the little box. Or maybe put a blanket over the snugglesafe instead of hay so he'll go to his litter box for hay instead.

I'm sure other forum members will have some better solutions too. :wave:

bunny thinks - "this is my box. it's great. you can't have it. see, i've put my poo on it."

i'd take it as a sign of success. you've provided something smudge loves!

i'm always really flattered when my rabbits poo on the doormat near the backdoor - clearly, this is home and no other bun should think of coming in. they're so territorial that if they're free-ranging i put a tray there or take the consequences. :)

bunny thinks - "this is my box. it's great. you can't have it. see, i've put my poo on it."

i'd take it as a sign of success. you've provided something smudge loves!

i'm always really flattered when my rabbits poo on the doormat near the backdoor - clearly, this is home and no other bun should think of coming in. they're so territorial that if they're free-ranging i put a tray there or take the consequences. :)

should i take it as a compliment that there is poo all over my sofas then ? :lol::roll:

Thanks - he has become a little terratorial over it. He grunts at me if he is in it and I go to stroke him- he then lets me but has to tell me first It's his. :lol: Soooo cute - but I only wanted him to be warm - oh well, I'll sort it out in the summer - rather keep him in poo but warm than not. :lol:

Back