• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FREE hutches to a good home....

bettyboo

Young Bun
Hi all,

I've just changed my buns living quarters and now have two hutches & runs hanging around. They are from the Happy Hutch company, the Sykes Combo, as per this link:

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=70

They are in pretty good condition, are dry and just need a good hosing down when the weather allows. They would be suitable for small breeds. Personally, I have found my buns haven't enjoyed having the run during our persistent wet weather, hence changing their set-up.

However, these hutch/runs would be more than suitable for anyone running sanctuaries/rehoming for more temporary accomodation.

You would need to come and pick up - I live in Sheffield.

Is anyone interested?

Hi I am also in Sheffield (S2) and run a small home based guinea pig rescue. How big are the runs? I really need some for the summer for my buns and piggys.

The hutch part is 3ft x 18in x 18in, the run part is 3ft x 4ft. The hutch and run is designed to go together. If you just use the run on it's own, you would have a gap in the roof where the hutch should go!

They would be more than suitable for guinea pigs or small buns.

They will be fine for piggies.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, my buns also have the run of a safe, fenced in 12ft x 20ft space before this turns into a debate about the size of their living quarters.

I'd rather give these to someone who can use them rather than chuck them away.

If I was closer my piggies would love them:( They are big enough for piggies?

I would say they are most definitely too small. Piggies need a minimum of 4ft x 2ft..... :?

As temp. accommodation perhaps but definitely not permanently.

ETA: They'd make a great piggy run for playing in the summer with somewhere secure / sheltered to go in though.

They will be fine for piggies.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, my buns also have the run of a safe, fenced in 12ft x 20ft space before this turns into a debate about the size of their living quarters.

I'd rather give these to someone who can use them rather than chuck them away.

Well done you for giving them away

Thanks so much for those people who have shown an interest. I'm pleased to say that they are both going to a local rescue centre.

Back