• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help, Pudding not eating

Jenefina

Mama Doe
she's not eating, this has never happened with her, It's always Pye who has had health problems.

She's always been fine, she's like a food hoover but tonight she's refused her food and treats I've offered. I have an emergency vets nearish but he last time i took Pye there for his gassy tum they were terrible and now I'm going into mad panic.

I've given her 1ml of gripe water and 1ml of tepid water with two drops of metacam in it but now I don't know wether to keep going with hourly fluids and hang on for my vet or attempt to get help from the useless vets.....

Have you got any Infacol (it's colic medicine for babies, you can get it in most supermarkets)? That is usually easier to give then gripe water because you don't need as much.

Is she pooing/weeing? I would keep her warm (e.g. bring her in the house or give her a heatpad) and try to get her to move because that can help get their guts moving.

I would say if you can't get her eating in the next couple of hours, I would try the emergency vet and just see if they can give pain relief and gut motility drugs (I know they may be useless though, maybe worth ringing first).

Lots of vibes

FC x

She currently lying in her little cushoined house. She's got her back legs sprawled behind her which Pye can't do when his tum is bad so I'm really confused.

She pood a couple of times that I've seen and i know she's weed cos it was on the carpet but I don't know when she did that as it was hidden in the corner, it may have been earlier.

Can I give infacol if I've already given gripe water? I have some of that too cos of Pye's frequents gassy tum episodes. I also have metaclop syrup but I'm reluctant to give any without her seeing the vet first. Not sure if the two drops of metacam I've given her will be enough or not and can they give her anymore since I've already given her some?

God I feel terrible, she's never had any problems at all and now I'm just useless

sending loads of vibes xxxxx

if you cant get her to eat in the next couple of hours using the gripe water and running about she should go to the vets for a checkup if shes not a prone bunny. a good check of the teeth, temp and belly would be safer than waiting to see how she gets on.

seems alot of stasis is about this week so try not to panic too much, my vet reakons Alvins was because of the temp and him cuddling up to keep warm may of slowed the gut this time.

She currently lying in her little cushoined house. She's got her back legs sprawled behind her which Pye can't do when his tum is bad so I'm really confused.

She pood a couple of times that I've seen and i know she's weed cos it was on the carpet but I don't know when she did that as it was hidden in the corner, it may have been earlier.

Can I give infacol if I've already given gripe water? I have some of that too cos of Pye's frequents gassy tum episodes. I also have metaclop syrup but I'm reluctant to give any without her seeing the vet first. Not sure if the two drops of metacam I've given her will be enough or not and can they give her anymore since I've already given her some?

God I feel terrible, she's never had any problems at all and now I'm just useless

i dont think its safe to give medicines prescibed for your other bunny without a vets agreement first hun. i would never give gut stimulant or pain relief to pearl without her being examined first. that is me tho im not brave enough to do a vets job :oops:

oh **** should i not have given her any metacam then? it was only two drops i thought it would help her. She's had about 5 poos in her house but she's breathing quickly. I don't know if thats from my sticking syrings in her mouth or not, she's not a one for being handled either

i feel sick now, i really dont know what to do, think i'm gonna go to the emergency vets but worried as to what they'll do. They tried to take Pye off me last time when i went in with his gassy tum. she was such a nasty vet and they never seem to care about anything but the money

oh **** should i not have given her any metacam then? it was only two drops i thought it would help her. She's had about 5 poos in her house but she's breathing quickly. I don't know if thats from my sticking syrings in her mouth or not, she's not a one for being handled either

i feel sick now, i really dont know what to do, think i'm gonna go to the emergency vets but worried as to what they'll do. They tried to take Pye off me last time when i went in with his gassy tum. she was such a nasty vet and they never seem to care about anything but the money

im sure people do hun, im just saying its not something im brave enough to do. i feel fear giving the stuff to Alvin and ive been told to by the vet :oops: if you do go to the vets just tell them what youve given her. or you could phone the vets and get advice without going anywhere, they may say its ok to give her the drugs if you have them already but they may want to examine her first.

you may get lucky, i had an amazing emergency vet once, she saved alvins life :love:

Could be her teeth

The biscuits are harder than her pellets so I'm not sure, she's such a good hay eater too.... Really don't know what to do. She seems back to her fiesty little madam self but I'm just in a panic since she's always been in such good health.

Since she's eaten do I risk just keeping an eye on her all night and giving her fluids every hour (she is drinking bits) or do i risk taking her to the useless vets who might try and take her off me :(

The biscuits are harder than her pellets so I'm not sure, she's such a good hay eater too.... Really don't know what to do. She seems back to her fiesty little madam self but I'm just in a panic since she's always been in such good health.

Since she's eaten do I risk just keeping an eye on her all night and giving her fluids every hour (she is drinking bits) or do i risk taking her to the useless vets who might try and take her off me :(

if shes eating on her own you dont need to put anything into her... syringing stuff will just stress her out and possibly cause her to refuse food, it does with Alvin

if you give leafy veg usually just give her some soaked in water, if she munches that then she probably can wait till tomorrow to see your normal vets for a check then :D

if shes refusing food, looks in pain or becomes lethargic a mad rush to the emergency vets will be needed then :(

if shes eating on her own you dont need to put anything into her... syringing stuff will just stress her out and possibly cause her to refuse food, it does with Alvin

if you give leafy veg usually just give her some soaked in water, if she munches that then she probably can wait till tomorrow to see your normal vets for a check then :D

if shes refusing food, looks in pain or becomes lethargic a mad rush to the emergency vets will be needed then :(

She's just eaten a bit of hay and is meerkating at me and looks a bit brighter. I don't know, maybe it was gas and the gripe water worked or maybe she was in a mood?? I'm so used to Pye getting ill and rushing him to the vets in a panic, its really thrown me with it being her. since she's eaten a bit i'm reluctant to stress her out by taking her to the vets tonight

She's just eaten a bit of hay and is meerkating at me and looks a bit brighter. I don't know, maybe it was gas and the gripe water worked or maybe she was in a mood?? I'm so used to Pye getting ill and rushing him to the vets in a panic, its really thrown me with it being her. since she's eaten a bit i'm reluctant to stress her out by taking her to the vets tonight

Alvin has done that a few times.... tiny bit of gas, being a stroppy pants right as rain in a couple of hours..

glad shes picked up already :D:D:D:D:D

Maybe you coud give her a big pile of hay and her pellets and then try ignoring her. I do think that sometimes when we worry and stand over them makes them stressed :oops:

If she doesn't seem 'right' to you in a while then consider the emergency vet

Maybe you coud give her a big pile of hay and her pellets and then try ignoring her. I do think that sometimes when we worry and stand over them makes them stressed :oops:

If she doesn't seem 'right' to you in a while then consider the emergency vet

:wave: I would agree with that, try not to get too stressed out as she will pick up on that and probably think OMG whats wrong with me :lol:- the lying flat with her legs stretched out would indicate she is not in agony to me. I would expect her to be hunched or pressing her tummy to the floor. Keep her moving a bit although she may need zzzzzzzz aswell, keep her warm and offer a saucer of boiled water still tepid every now and again and any favorite hay or herbs. Hope she picks up for you x

:wave: I would agree with that, try not to get too stressed out as she will pick up on that and probably think OMG whats wrong with me :lol:- the lying flat with her legs stretched out would indicate she is not in agony to me. I would expect her to be hunched or pressing her tummy to the floor. Keep her moving a bit although she may need zzzzzzzz aswell, keep her warm and offer a saucer of boiled water still tepid every now and again and any favorite hay or herbs. Hope she picks up for you x

Thank you. The lying flat out confused me, i know the hunching and tummy pressing from Pye which is why I think I freaked more not knowing what was wrong.

She's now had some apple bits, a biscuit, two carrotys biscuits and some hay plus she's dreank some water.

It was her 3rd birthday on new years eve, she's just so tiny and beautiful, so the ignoring thing is super hard but i will try leaving her be for a bit adn see what she does. she's got vet bed and a bowl of tepid water (she's a bit surorunded at the moment by hay and bowls!)

I'll let you know how she goes.

Thanks everyone for all the vibes, I'm hoping it was just a hiccup and she'll be ok .....

Fingers crossed for you, the only other thing you could try if your worried is pop a littlebit of fibreplex on her front paw and see if she will lick it off x

Back