• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionel sounds like he is trying to be sick :?

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Ok i know buns can't be sick and all that but Lionel is making strange noises, ok this is a bit gross but it sounds like you would when you throw up then he is shaking his head afterwards, he has never made this noise before but i have heard him a few times this afternoon any ides anyone??

I think I've heard something like you describe :wave:

My Mitzi used to make a similar noise when she had a URI. I'd describe it as a cross between retching (sp?) and a duck quacking. It wasn't very frequent, but was pretty loud.

I have only had this happen with buns who are choking. Is there any fluid coming out?

No nothing coming out, i was worried he was choking but he doesn't appear to be, i guess its just something to do with his pneumonia, he is having a really bad day today. I will ring vets in the morn and see what they say.

Yes, Sarah did it.

Bobbie, who has damaged nasal passages/recurrent URTI has sneezing fits which result in 'wretching' :cry:

Is Lionel on diuretics ?

Sorry Jane i don't know what diuretics are :oops:

He has depocilin by injection every other day, a pinch of bisolvon on food every day and dexafort injection once a week.

Sorry Jane i don't know what diuretics are :oops:

He has depocilin by injection every other day, a pinch of bisolvon on food every day and dexafort injection once a week.

I just wonder if he now has fluid building up in his lungs. A diuretic would help shift it. Sarah was on Furosemide twice a day.

Jane, i meant to ask was Sarah doing this all the way through or was it 'near the end' if you get what i mean :(

Back