• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are you an Observer or a cuddler?

Sami M

Mama Doe
Hiya everyone I was talking to a relative (u know what its like over christmas see the relatives youve never met before!) and she kept on asking me if she could cuddle my buns, now my buns arent very cuddly, smudge will sit next to me and have a stroke but none of them like being picked up, which is fine with me!
Anyway she couldnt get her head around the fact that I have animals i cant cuddle, but i am perfectly happy seeing my buns run around playing and enjoying life.
So I was wondering if it bothers you if your buns arent cuddly? Or if your like me and a observer? Does this make sense?!

Umm a bit of both - I wont pick my buns up unnecessarily unless they like cuddles which oreo is the only one that does. Im quite happy just to watch them- why stress them out doing something they dont like! :D

I or OH picks pie up once everyday, simply for the reason to get her used to it so its easier when at the vets/giving medication/clipping nails etc. But she doesnt like it, just puts up with it.
We dont do it for hugs. She comes up to us, headbuts us when she wants hugs and flattens herself like a pancake and zones out when she does get them. She is a very cuddly bun. We are quite happy with this.
You can have a cuddly bun without having to pick them up :)

I love to just watch them pottering around amusing themselves. Luckily though Apache is a fiend for cuddles and can't get enough...I usually have an hour plus of cuddles each day cos he sits in bed with me while I'm reading. :) and Skye appreciates some nose rubs too as long as I don't pick her up to do it....

Yeah I supose it depends on peoples personalities, as im not a very touchy feely person anyway, (although I cant resisit giving the horses a kiss) so I supose as im not cuddly im not bothered by the buns not being cuddly.

im an observer.. i like the way they ignore me and carry on with their stuff.. makes me think im actually welcome in thier world :love::love:

pearl likes fuss but my arm aches, deffo an observer here :lol::lol:

Depends on the bunny, Wilm's not a cuddler but he loves a fuss and a stroke :) He runs up to me when I go in his room and rolls over, so cute :love:

They WILL be cuddled, if they like it or not! :lol: I felt so awful when I first got Jez, like he hated me because he would't let me touch him.

Bungle was our first bunny, he lived in the house with us from being very small so he loved his cuddles, we rarely picked him up but used to build him ramps with cusions everywhere so he could come and go as he pleased.

We now have 5 buns and up until the other day when we brought the babies in while we work on their house, none of them were cuddle buns.
Fudge has now found cuddles and I think I will have to keep them in.

My findings so far is that indoor buns are so much more used to being with people so they seem to like cuddles more.

Depends. :) I have three I can pick up and cuddle, and they get all licky in return. Another two who love cuddles, but on ground level. Then there's the moody madam who doesn't want to be touched but thinks it's fine to actually prod me with her nose for fun, but skips off flicking her feet if my hands moves near her. :roll: So mostly a cuddler...! But usually only if I'm allowed to cuddle, which seems fair to me.

Mine hate cuddles, but love to be stroked.
The foster babies however, CRAVE any human attention!
Thorn (foster)is really shy so I'm really trying my hardest to bring him round. We had a lovely long cuddle yesterday!!

Observer here :wave: Id rather let my own bunnies be bunnies :) None of my own bunnies get picked up for cuddles. They all get their bums checked daily (paranoid mummy :oops: ) But i dont pick them up to cuddle them :D Ronnie and Lola hate being picked up!

With the foster buns its a bit different :? I do handle them daily because obviously most people want cuddle buns :? xXx

I love watching them. Especially buns interacting with other buns and theres nothing nicer than seeing happy binkying buns.
I think cuddling a lot of the time is more for the persons benefit although some buns do enjoy it of course.
Some of my buns dont mind cuddles and seem to enjoy them so when they are in the mood i'll give them a cosy. Others hate it so i respect them and leave them to it. They all love gentle strokes when they are on the ground if the modd takes them th ough :lol:

I wish mine liked cuddles (it would make the whole vets experience better:roll:) but they don't:lol:.

They love being stroked and fussed on the ground though and if I'm honest, I could just sit and watch them do rabbit stuff all day (I'm the same with the hamster, I love watching him do important hamster stuff) :love:.

Anyway, how is it weird that you can't cuddle a pet? I mean you can't put a horse on your lap or a Great Dane for that matter.

Back