• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny-match.com

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
Hi All,

As some of you may know, I recently lost a Bunny - one of a bonded pair. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=208436

It has become apparent that Travis is maybe ready to start looking for a companion again. I thought it would be the most difficult decision to take, but he has really made it easy for me. He's content, but it's very obvious that he's getting bored and lonely no matter how much time we try to devote to him.

I have looked on RR, and will start my quest with local rescues too. However, if any rescues or volunteers know of any suitable bunnies, I would be greatful for your help.

Travis will be 6 in May. I'm therefore looking for a rabbit of a similar age (around 4-7ish).

Travis is a mini lop cross, and Treacle was a lionhead cross lop. Therefore, I'm looking for a small-ish rabbit, although a nethie may be too small.

Travis is an indoor bun, he currently has a pen thats approx 6ft x 3 ft which is where he spends the night, and any time that we are not at home (OH works weekends and I work weekdays, so there is usually always someone at home). The rest of the time he has free range of the house, although usually stays in the living room. I have a run for outside, which will be set up for the summer - we only moved house last year and the run wont be set up until I put up a new fence to secure the garden in the spring.

I have been very fortunate in that Travis isn't a very destructive bun, and we do our best to occupy him. Treacle was quite a shy rabbit, and was happy enough just watching the world go by, rather than getting in to too much mischief. I know it's impossible to search for a well behaved rabbit! But being a housebun, it would help! - in my dreams!

My main concern in finding a companion is that Travis is a dental bun, and requires frequent vet visits, which Tre always used to accompany him on. I don't want to sound cruel, but I can't knowingly take on another special needs bun - obviously if something develops I would do my utmost to nurse and care for them - but Travis costs me dearly in bills as it is for me to be able to commit to another dental bun or similar - it also wouldn't be fair on the buns to have to make even more trips to the vets so regularly.

Travis would like to think he was the dominant one - but he would never have dared answer back to Treacle. Travis is the cheeky mischievous bunny, whereas Tre was quite shy and laid back. She came across as a very mothering rabbit who just to enjoyment from looking out for her husbun.

Ideally I'd like to find another bun with a similar temperament. I feel that the bonding would not go too well if Travis felt he had competition for being the most outgoing rabbit.

This all sounds as though I'm being terribly selfish and picky, and I in no way want to replace Treacle. I just want what's best for Travis, especially as I don't know how sensitive he'll be to meeting a new bun. And stressing out two incompatible bunnies by trying to bond them is not going to help either of them find happiness.

If anyone can help, I would be so grateful!

Hi :wave:

I volunteer for BARKS are we are absolutely inundated with beautiful healthy does at the moment - here is the website:

www.barks.org.uk

although not all of them are on there and there are lots waiting to be spayed so it would be worth phoning and/or visiting to see if any of them could meet your requirements :) I'm not sure how old they all are though I'm afraid.

Although its based in Banbury, the fostering place where all the animals live is actually in Northants, quite near Daventry. The fosterer will bond them for you aswell if you like - she bonded my current pair for me. :)

hope you find somebunny :wave:

I volunteer for BARKS are we are absolutely inundated with beautiful healthy does at the moment - here is the website:

www.barks.org.uk

although not all of them are on there and there are lots waiting to be spayed so it would be worth phoning and/or visiting to see if any of them could meet your requirements :) I'm not sure how old they all are though I'm afraid.

Although its based in Banbury, the fostering place where all the animals live is actually in Northants, quite near Daventry. The fosterer will bond them for you aswell if you like - she bonded my current pair for me. :)

Thank you for that. I've not got a problem with travelling. I live in Rushden, but Tre came from Walsall!

I shall try to contact them this week to see if they can help. I'm happy to try to bond them myself, I think I managed a 2 1/2 day record with T & T though! As Travis is male it should hopefully be easier bringing in a female than if it were the other way around. But I'm all for taking Travis speed dating to see his reaction :shock:

Thanks again!

you're welcome :) there is a sweet little chinchilla rex there at the minute who loves noserubs ;) she's not spayed yet though. let me know how it goes. :)

I thought from the title there was a real site, anyway I think it would be great if someone would set one up :) You could make factfiles for each rabbits, and chose different temperaments

I thought from the title there was a real site, anyway I think it would be great if someone would set one up :) You could make factfiles for each rabbits, and chose different temperaments

It would be just what I'd need! Can't see it happening though as one of the biggest problems I'm facing is that most rescues already bond bunnies to be adopted in pairs - which is understandable, but frustrating when you need to make the pair!! :)

I hope you are successful in finding a suitable bun, it sounds like you have a lovely home for them.

Are there many rescues that do "speed dating" - I would be interested in this.

I hope you are successful in finding a suitable bun, it sounds like you have a lovely home for them.

Are there many rescues that do "speed dating" - I would be interested in this.

It's something the I've heard mentioned before, but as I've not had to look at bonding bunnies for the last 4 years I don't know if it's common practise.

Some people felt that almost all bunnies could be bonded, if done properly, so a pre-meet wasn't necessary. Others felt that some rabbits would naturally show signs of taking to each other, and that a quick meeting at the rescue could determine this.

I'm hoping that as Travis has shared 4 years with another rabbit he may take to another rabbit easier. But, of course, it could be the opposite in that the rabbit in question isn't Treacle. So who knows!

could be 'bunnymummies.com' with single or bonded rabbits declaring what they want in the parent line... but then, that's like rabbit rehome!

could be 'bunnymummies.com' with single or bonded rabbits declaring what they want in the parent line... but then, that's like rabbit rehome!

bunnymummies.com to me sounds like a dating site for bunny owners though! :D ;)

RR is great, and serves it's purpose. But I know a lot of rescues can't update it all the time, or have internet access in the first place. I don't want to miss out on the ideal bun just because she's not online.

Hiya :wave: We are in Walsall :) We have lots of single female bunnies at the minute, and have 2 indoor bunnies that are desperate for a home :(

http://www.rspca-walsall.org.uk/newpages/rabbits.htm

Heres Dixie (currently indoor)
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=207074

Theres also Dotty who is currently living indoors with a fosterer... Dotty also has a thread in RIN...

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=208089

S7001313.jpg

My in laws live in Rushden, Northants so you must be very local to them! :D We go up there often so could help with a bun run if Lucy agreed ;)

xXx

Hiya :wave: We are in Walsall :) We have lots of single female bunnies at the minute, and have 2 indoor bunnies that are desperate for a home :(

http://www.rspca-walsall.org.uk/newpages/rabbits.htm

Heres Dixie (currently indoor)
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=207074

Theres also Dotty who is currently living indoors with a fosterer... Dotty also has a thread in RIN...

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=208089

S7001313.jpg

My in laws live in Rushden, Northants so you must be very local to them! :D We go up there often so could help with a bun run if Lucy agreed ;)

xXx

Thanks Becky, I got Treacle from Lucy (she was Tinkerbell then!). I have seen Dotty and Dixie, but they're a little young. If any older single girls come in (ideally 4+) then do let me know.

Many Thanks

Keri

www.barks.org.uk

why oh why did i have a nosey look:shock: reggie:love::love:

www.barks.org.uk

I can recommend them. :)

Thanks Becky, I got Treacle from Lucy (she was Tinkerbell then!). I have seen Dotty and Dixie, but they're a little young. If any older single girls come in (ideally 4+) then do let me know.

Many Thanks

Keri

Ahh i missed that bit of your OP, i had mum and dad here and was trying to concerntrate :lol: When i saw you were from Rushden i thought id let you know about our babies :love:

Will keep my eye out for you :D I think the oldest we have in at present is Petal and the 2 rex females that are all between 18mths to 2 years so theyre still to young :(

Hope you find your girly soon :love: xXx

I had a look too :oops: Reggie is stunning! :love::love: I love REW's :love: Diamnod is sweet too, she reminds me of Mog :(

its all because of a dream i had a while ago. i had a white lop bunny running around my feet in the kitchen - i even pictured the kitchen (it was this house we moved to a month ago but the dream happened before we viewed the house:oops:). the bun in my dream was deaf too:? maybe someone somewhere will ask me to take care of such a bun one day.

The thing is, with rabbit rehome you can't just put 'Male' 'Adult' 'Neutered' 'Fiesty, Dominant'

Back