• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GRRRRRR Gizmo just cost me £50.00 !

VickiP

Wise Old Thumper
Be warned - little Gizmo has chewed through 2 dell laptop chargers. My first one stopped working about 2 weeks ago and I just thought it had died and have ordered a new one and borrowed one from my bro. Yesterday morning Gizmo pushed his way down the back of the puffet/foot stool and nibbled the wire and bust that one so I got the old one out and realised he had done that one too!:shock: I didn't even realise he could get to the wires lucky for him both times they were unplugged but, still he has cost me £50 as I now need to order another one for me so I can give the original new one due any day to my bro :roll: I am currently in the kitchen frightened to move as my OH has managed to tape the old one but, we don't know how fragile the connection is. The cut he made is so clean is like a stanley blade has been used ! Dell laptop chargers are soooo hard to get hold off here, my OH went to PC world, Sony and loads of others and the only thing that was available was a universal charger for £70! Naughty Gizmo :roll:

Happens all the time!!

Billy chewed through the power cable to my wireless modem just before Christmas ....not quite as expensive as £50 though but just as awkward as we had to order from amazon :?

:roll: He doesn't even have a clue what he has done thats the funny bit, I said Gizmo - Naughty and he was off binkying about - I had to laugh. The chargers for dell laptops are £25.00 but, so far the one I ordered said it would be here by new years eve and still hasn't arrived. Logging of in a min to order another one - my bro will go banzai about his, as he was reluctant to lend it to me anyway.:roll:

:wave: Hi I thought about that - are you guaranteed a genuine one? I thought I would get a new one as I thought they do have a limited life span and a second hand one might be really 'used'. I am so sceptical I would expect to get a duff one :roll:

yup I received my second lap top charger yesterday!! There were so many nibbles in mine it was sparking :?

I dont know how they do it! As I watch them all the time - sneaky things!
also on my 3rd Wii sensor bar - that is sooo thin they can do that in one foul swoop!!

We got through 4 laptop chargers when Ronnie was indoors... at £40 a time! hence why he now lives in a shed :lol:

yup I received my second lap top charger yesterday!! There were so many nibbles in mine it was sparking :?

also on my 3rd Wii sensor bar - that is sooo thin they can do that in one foul swoop!!

:lol::lol:Naughty - it's the first time he's done it so I thought - and I have made it quite bunny proof - will watch him like a hawk now !:lol:

We got through 4 laptop chargers when Ronnie was indoors... at £40 a time! hence why he now lives in a shed :lol:

This spring he will be too - assuming he gets on with wifey to be :roll: Roll on the warm weather :lol:

We have had so many wires bitten through I have lost count. You think it's all secure but they find a way! My dell laptop is on a tiny lead after being bitten through and repaired!

Harry done the same but he's turn to wallpaper now im not sure whats worst cables or ripped wallpaper everywhere :lol:

They have universal chargers on ebay from £15 upwards ?

I need a new one too, tell me if any of them work :lol:

Quag ate the wii sensor bar (not the whole bar of course!):roll:. I bought a wireless one, preventing future munches!

Back