• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

coughing and gagging

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
last night and again this morning ive heard Misty coughing and gagging last night i thought he was choking and obviously paniced but after a few minutes he stopped and hes coughing again today. he has lost some weight (this didnt worry me because his weight is constantly up and down to to E.C)

Hes still eating and pooping any idea opn the cough? its really loud and does sound like hes choking :(

no idea anyone? its ok anyways he'll be going to the vets tomorrow but my vets arent always rabbit savvy so its always good to have a few things to suggest to my vet that was all :)

vet trip in order I think I would try and get in today if possible. Sooty had a similar thing when a natural pellet either got stuck in or irritated his wind pipe, (although if there was a blockage he cleared it) there was an awful lot of mucus which was causing him to retch. Steroids stopped this within hours + an antibiotic just in case. Not saying that he might have trapped somthing in the wind pipe but it's a possibility as is any sort of respitory infection, both of which should be seen asap.

matt has done this and i thought he was choking... he has an uri. could be a possibilty... or something irritating the throat.

Back