• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Drinking a lot of water?

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
When I had a trio I noticed they were drinking a lot but didn't know who it was. Since moving the lops in my room I can now tell that it's them. They both drink a lot. They get through a litre between them a day. Is that too much? The lionheads go through about half of that.

its totally depending on how hot it is are they stressed, has it just started?
If they have always been like this then I wouldnt worry but keep eye on them, if its just started check with vet!
Obv if they are indoors and its recently then you'll have heating on etc.

its totally depending on how hot it is are they stressed, has it just started?
If they have always been like this then I wouldnt worry but keep eye on them, if its just started check with vet!
Obv if they are indoors and its recently then you'll have heating on etc.

They've been doing it for a few months now. Our heating has been on for a couple of months. They've moved into my room which is warmer but that's only been the past two days.

Have they been eating extra pellets or hay? Just a thought.

It has started since they started on less pellets and more hay. I know that they way Mischa drinks spills some of the water but it's only a small amount. He kinda pushes the valve with the side of his mouth and lets it dribble into his mouth.

All rabbits drink different ammounts, just like us. Harley goes through a large bunny bottle every day in the summer, although if he gets a lot of veg then that ammount is cut down by over a quarter. Flash and Jez will drink about one of the small bunny bottles every 2 or 3 days. Again, less if they have a lot of veg. They all live in the same temperature and eat the same things, and pretty much live their lives the same.

It occurred to me last night that the past few months they have also been weeing outside of their litter boxes every couple of weeks or so. Is drinking a lot a possible indication of an infection?

Back