• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you feed bonded buns pellets?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
I have bonded Sooty and Oreo today but need to give them some pellets - Do I use a bowl or just scatter them - both get VERY excited over pellets and I dont want them to fight over them! :?

Can't you place down two bowls, one in front of each bun at the same time and make sure there's a little extra food, to prevent a fight over it?

ok that was successful - I scattered a pile each end and luckily they went either end so there was no fighting phewww...
Just gotta get through the night now..
This bunny bonding is exhausting :lol:

This bunny bonding is exhausting :lol:

What time did you start?
I normally bond in summer cos you can get up at sunrise and sit in the garden with the bunnies all day, it doesn't feel like such hard work then :lol:

I think i've finally got feeding sussed! My two have been bonded for four months now and Ollie is a complete pelletmonster! He will eat about three or four pellets at a time while Amber will daintily eat one at a time in a ladylike fashion. I did hand feed them up until three weeks ago so i knew who was getting what but recently they have started to scoff at the same pace (sort of) and will eat from seperate bowls side by side. I just watch and make sure Ollie doesn't pinch many of Amber's pellets;)

My pair have a cat dish with two depressions, yet they feed out of the same bowl.

As i have just (fingers crossed it stays this way) bonded a trio, I thought I'd put an extra bowl down just in case but all three shoved their heads into the same dish again :lol:

You could try a bowl and if there are any signs of a problem take it out and scatter feed. Just keep doing this until they both accept the bowl I would say :)

My pair have a cat dish with two depressions, yet they feed out of the same bowl.

As i have just (fingers crossed it stays this way) bonded a trio, I thought I'd put an extra bowl down just in case but all three shoved their heads into the same dish again :lol:

You could try a bowl and if there are any signs of a problem take it out and scatter feed. Just keep doing this until they both accept the bowl I would say :)

None of mine have bowls. I dont really see the point in them. I just put a small pile of pellets on the floor in their room as they eat them all straight away anyways.

it all depends, when i bonded ted and theodore i gave them two seperate bowls but theo wanted to share teds instead. so i know have a two sided bowl which does the trick, they both eat out of their own side but are still sitting together :love: seems to have worked for me the last couple of months, but it really depends on your buns.

I do both,but always feed them together as they like being together when they eat.They always have a cuddle with each other after breakfast.I think it keeps their bond going if fed together,my two that is,not in general.

I normally put a bowl down and they seem happy sharing but Fudge is kinda greedy and eats more pellets so I hand feed a little extra to Oreo

Can't you place down two bowls, one in front of each bun at the same time and make sure there's a little extra food, to prevent a fight over it?

I never thought about it when I bonded Frank and Dulcie. I just gave them a bowl each and things went fine. Dulcie has always been slimmer than fatso anyway as she tends to be the lookout while he troughs it down. She's feels a good weight and well muscled, though. I do have to make sure the bowl are touching as if I feed them apart they spend all their time running from each bowl to check the other one hasn't got anything more or better. :lol: Mental. As it is now, they always dive for the first bowl filled and I usually have to push a resisting bunny head into the other bowl so they have one each. Frank still sometimes puts his feet in his bowl and slides it backwards away from Dulcie in case she makes a dive for it. I find the bowls in very strange places some days.

I think scattering would cause lots of barging and boxing of the ears between my two, though it's a great idea for some bunsters.

I do a little of both, my bonded three have three bowls but they still insist on all eating out of one at a time :lol:

My buns has 2 bowls and take it in turn, when getting treats i give them each equally infront of them :wave:

Back