• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple tree sticks from the garden - ok to use?

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,

We have an apple tree in our garden. Is it ok to give Noel sticks to chew from the apple tree? He loves willow sticks but they are expensive so thought we'd try the apple.

Thank you.

L, x

Yep, provided the tree is untreated with pesticides apple tree wood is good for them :)

Just make sure you saw off any sharp bits :)

cherry twigs

I'm no expert, but our buns enjoy the leaves and twigs of the cherry tree that grows in our garden, and as far as I know all the native apple, pear, plum etc twigs and leaves are all fine. A couple of days ago someone posted a useful link that was very comprehensive as to what rabbits can and can't have. I wish now I'd pasted it into my favourites so I could find it again. Perhaps someone will see this and re-post it!

i give my bunnies pear tree twigs and they love them ! ruby practially rips your hand off when she sees you holding one!

Brilliant, thank you. I shall cut him off some apple sticks then :) He chews everything so hoping these will help to amuse him. x

I'm no expert, but our buns enjoy the leaves and twigs of the cherry tree that grows in our garden, and as far as I know all the native apple, pear, plum etc twigs and leaves are all fine. A couple of days ago someone posted a useful link that was very comprehensive as to what rabbits can and can't have. I wish now I'd pasted it into my favourites so I could find it again. Perhaps someone will see this and re-post it!

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=176719&highlight=safe+foods :wave:

Was it this one?

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Food/feeding_en.pdf

Back