• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I be feeding him?

lja401

Warren Scout
What should I be feeding lovely Noel?

He has unlimited hay (Timothy hay...any good), water and a bit of dried food in the morning and evening. Carrots seemed to give him a bad tummy. Can I give him fresh grass daily too?

Thank you

x

Hi :wave:

Unlimited Timothy hay is great though I only buy the meadow hay from the local horse place as it's only £1.60 for a massive bag :D

I feed Louie a handful of pellets morning and night together with herbs, watercress, spinach and a grape :D he also has a slice of carrot occasionally.

Maybe try some different herbs with him and see which he likes? Louie loves them all!

absolutely--hay/grasses

What should I be feeding lovely Noel?

He has unlimited hay (Timothy hay...any good), water and a bit of dried food in the morning and evening. Carrots seemed to give him a bad tummy. Can I give him fresh grass daily too?

Thank you

x
unlimited-hay-/-i love it when people start out this way...my finicky eaters switch to orchard grass(hay)-at times,,but like timothy the best/even in the poop box.//.two classifications of fibers..hay equals non digestible which makes up 70% of the diet-keep teeth healthy and short,and gi tract operating at its best...then there is digestible fiber,,carrots,vegys,etc-which are treats,,and lots of water...sincerely james waller:wave:

How old is your bun? a bun up to 6 months old can have a bowlful of pellets rather than an egg cupful. once they get to 6 months, it should be gradually reduced to an eggcupful.

With veggies, you need to introduce each veg little by little, after the age of 6 months, unless they have been used to that veg when they were with their mam, as they would have had a nibble with mam. If there has been a period of time between leaving mam, and not having veggies, then start a fresh, and introduce veggies slowly. about an inch piece, for 2 or three days, and see what effect it has on their poops.

Unlimited hay is fab. for my guys I get bales of hay from the local pet/horse shop, and I get a bale of hay for £4.50, which lasts around 4weeks, with 6 buns

Hiya,

Thanks so much for your replies. He is 23 weeks old. I will give him a bit more food :) Going to try and switch his mixed dried food over though because he leaves all the pellets - selective eater is my Noel.

Have tried him on carrots, but he always seems to have a bad tummy :-( Maybe I have given him too much? Will try again but with a tiny piece.

Back