• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why on earth risk it!

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
On Facebook I have a few "bunny friends". One bun has recently had to be rushed to the vet because he was struggling to breathe. The vet told his owner that he needed to stay inside until the spring. He had been coming in and out the house all winter (after I'd suggested that he should do one or the other!) and so had got a chest infection from the temperature change!

Turns out that she's put him outside in order to have a photoshoot in the snow, after being specifically told that he needs to stay inside or he might get pneumonia!!

I really despair with her. She's 14...but that's no excuse. She loves the bun so much...but feeds him human food...including milk, and takes him to parks where she know's there are dogs (he nearly got attacked once).

Anyone know someone like this?!

:shock: omg - tbh I dont think being 14 is an excuse - there is so much info on the internet these days and having you as a friend who has informed her what NOT to do and for her to still do it is cruel :censored:

:shock: omg - tbh I dont think being 14 is an excuse - there is so much info on the internet these days and having you as a friend who has informed her what NOT to do and for her to still do it is cruel :censored:

No!! It's plain stupid! I've had to gently persuade her against things in the past, as she just doesn't know. I REALLY hope he doesn't get worse from this adventure!:(

hope the bunny will be ok

my little one ran out after me today, but i brought him back indoors, he likes to follow me or dad, so we have to watch him closely now

I really despair with her. She's 14...but that's no excuse. She loves the bun so much...but feeds him human food...including milk, and takes him to parks where she know's there are dogs (he nearly got attacked once).

Anyone know someone like this?!

All of this contravenes the animal welfare act rules for a start as it is not a suitable diet, isnt a suitable environment, and isnt kept apart from other animals where applicable, you could point this out to her. Do you know who her vet is? Maye they could talk to her?

No!! It's plain stupid! I've had to gently persuade her against things in the past, as she just doesn't know. I REALLY hope he doesn't get worse from this adventure!:(

do her parents not say anything about what she gives them or when she takes it to the park?

All of this contravenes the animal welfare act rules for a start as it is not a suitable diet, isnt a suitable environment, and isnt kept apart from other animals where applicable, you could point this out to her. Do you know who her vet is? Maye they could talk to her?

She lives on the other side of the country. I think she's stopped with the milk after I said about the lactose. I just keep on giving advice, hoping she'll take it! Not much I can do, from the other end of the country. The sad thing is, she's a nice girl.....but is so naive....I grumbled when I read that he'd been outside!!:roll: I wish I could do more.

She lives on the other side of the country. I think she's stopped with the milk after I said about the lactose. I just keep on giving advice, hoping she'll take it! Not much I can do, from the other end of the country. The sad thing is, she's a nice girl.....but is so naive....I grumbled when I read that he'd been outside!!:roll: I wish I could do more.

Ahhhh thats a difficult one. Maybe have a word with the parents if you know them? As she is only 14 they must take some responsibility too

Ahhhh thats a difficult one. Maybe have a word with the parents if you know them? As she is only 14 they must take some responsibility too

I think they do. I don't know them! (although she tells them all about Teddy and me :oops:...she loves Teddy!) I hope that she'll take my second lot of advice...as I said that he could get seriously ill....(I'd said that first time around too...:roll:)

If it happens again then I'll go in all guns a-blazing!

Yep that's the one. He's such a cute bunny!

He's lovely!! And so is she....but when health advice goes on deaf ears, I get grumpy!!:evil: I couldn't risk it! And I know how much she loves him! She doesn't have many friends, and she loves him more than anything!!

Back