• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teddy has moved into the garage!

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
After all this hideous weather ive been so worried about having Teddy out in the hutch/run on his own even though he has it covered. So i have had the other three out in the garden with teddy in his hutch/run so they can see him and have supervised them after Joeys referred aggression, to my surprise they were fine.

So i bit the bullet and disinfected everything, then vingared it all and moved Teddy's hutch/run into the garage. I have put extra fencing round the hutch so they cant get too close and to stop them jumping up on the run. Joey was a little cross to start with but again no referred aggression and now he just ignores Teddy and has settled down. Teddy is so much happier, he has a lounger cushion he likes to sleep completely upside on (must have the camera to hand!) I know its not ideal but at least now he's not lonely and its a step closer to bonding them :D

Sorry for the grainy pics took some quickly with my rubbish camera phone!

Photo0059.jpg

Photo0087.jpg

Photo0055.jpg

Teddy's giant dog bed!
Photo0072.jpg

Photo0074.jpg

Photo0075.jpg

Mummy theres a giant bunny in here :shock:
Photo0076.jpg

Photo0078.jpg

Photo0089.jpg

Joey not overly amused at his new housemate!
Photo0098.jpg

Thanks guys, im hoping it may help me gain confidence to bond them in the spring *gulp* unless i can find someone near to take them to help bond, i do think its easier to find neutral space like that but we will see!

Bless him! :love:

I wish I had a Garage - we do have a large brick shed that I keep wondering about as bunny-accommodation but then I worry 'cos it would be very difficult to fit a run on to it. Still think it might be a good option though.

Lucky bun's xxx :)

Back