• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday- what to do?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
My parents have booked 2 weeks in France at the end of July for us to go away with them and my sister and her boyfriend. I am really grateful as I couldnt afford to pay for my and OH to go if they weren't doing it for us.

Problem is I am beginning to panic about the bunnies already. Last year when I went away my Mum had them. I dont have any other family or friends that I could leave them with, especially as they are indoors.

I am hoping they will be a bonded trio by then which will make things easier but I still need somewhere for them to go. I am especially worried because of Snowdrops condition about leaving her. I have looked round a local boarding place but wouldnt leave them there as the accodation isnt good enough and I didnt feel confident about the owner.

Can anyone recommend any good boarding facilities that would be able to cope were Snowdrop to get poorly? Or is there an RU member who could care for them and I would pay them the going boaring rate plus all their food etc. We will br driving from Nottingham to Portsmouth so could take them enroute. I know the travelling isnt good for them but I would rather travel and they receive excellent care than stay local and not be happy with where they are.

Just called Bunnyhall in Nottingham and spoke to someone called Nicola who seems really nice and very knowledgeable. I am going over next Saturday to have a look round and have a chat to her. She also does bonding so said she could help with that too.

Its fairly expensive compared to other places but I dont mind paying as long as they are well looked after. It is all indoor accomodation and they can even have a 15ft hutch!

I left mine with Kayj at her boarding place. I know it's a trek from you but thought I'd mention it as I didn't worry once while I was away, I knew they were in good hands!

Wow, thats amazing, Im going to look on their web site. Let us know once you have been there.

Its very expensive! For 2 weeks in their 15ft accomodation for my 3 would be £340! My OH has refused to pay it at the minute so I doubt they will be going there! I would need him to pay towards it otherwise I cant afford the travel and spending money for the holiday after paying for the boarding!

I can't help unfortunately but just wanted to say i am concerned about the same thing. Me and OH are going on separate holidays with friends this year, but i do want us to go away together. It's such a worry leaving them in hands that you can trust!

Hope you get a good place, let us know the outcome :wave:

I can't help unfortunately but just wanted to say i am concerned about the same thing. Me and OH are going on separate holidays with friends this year, but i do want us to go away together. It's such a worry leaving them in hands that you can trust!

Hope you get a good place, let us know the outcome :wave:

I know, I left them with my Mum last year but cant this year with us all going away together. The rest of my family either have small kids, giant cats or wont have them inside.

My Grandma would have them but she refuses to touch them so she would be no use if Snowdrop gets poorly and needs meds or syringe feeding.

If you are willing to travel a bit, I use Rowena at Deepdale pets http://www.deepdalepets.co.uk/ and have left the bunnies there twice now. She has excellent accommodation, looks after them very well, and would use my vet in an emergency (who is very bunny savvy).
She only charges £5 per night per pair and we've been very happy leaving our precious bundles with her.

If you are willing to travel a bit, I use Rowena at Deepdale pets http://www.deepdalepets.co.uk/ and have left the bunnies there twice now. She has excellent accommodation, looks after them very well, and would use my vet in an emergency (who is very bunny savvy).
She only charges £5 per night per pair and we've been very happy leaving our precious bundles with her.

Thanks. Sleaford isnt far from me as im near Newark. Do they do indoor bunnies? They could go into a large shed type building with it being July but I dont really want them in a hutch as they are used to having their own room!

Squidgy stays in a Wendy house when he's there, but I'm not sure it would take 3 bunnies. I'm sure she has a summer house as well for indoor bunnies - it's worth dropping her an email to see.
I didn't realise you were so close! I live about 5 miles north of Sleaford.

We're def going away this year, we didn't get anywhere last year and as I know Kay and have seen her set up mine will be going to her...if she'll have them of course! :lol:

Squidgy stays in a Wendy house when he's there, but I'm not sure it would take 3 bunnies. I'm sure she has a summer house as well for indoor bunnies - it's worth dropping her an email to see.
I didn't realise you were so close! I live about 5 miles north of Sleaford.

I teach in North Hykeham and live in Southwell which is about 5 miles from Newark. Sleaford is prob about half an hour from us so wouldnt mind that at all.

I have emailed them asking about their accomodation for a trio. I must sound like a right fussy idiot telling them about Bungle needing daily grooming, Snowdrop needing a careful diet, and Strawberrys reffered agression! I am sure everywhere I have contacted are going to tell me they are full since i am so demanding! lol

I teach in North Hykeham and live in Southwell which is about 5 miles from Newark. Sleaford is prob about half an hour from us so wouldnt mind that at all.

I have emailed them asking about their accomodation for a trio. I must sound like a right fussy idiot telling them about Bungle needing daily grooming, Snowdrop needing a careful diet, and Strawberrys reffered agression! I am sure everywhere I have contacted are going to tell me they are full since i am so demanding! lol

Well, she copes with my demands for Squidgy, so I'm sure she'll be fine!

If I was more knowledgeable I would be more than happy to have them once they had been bonded as a trio. I just wouldn't feel confident if Snowdrop had an episode. Think Strawbs referred aggression would be a problem too cause mine are inside. Cause of his RA it might be better if they were the only buns there if thats makes sence :?
Hope you manage to sort something out.

If I was more knowledgeable I would be more than happy to have them once they had been bonded as a trio. I just wouldn't feel confident if Snowdrop had an episode. Think Strawbs referred aggression would be a problem too cause mine are inside. Cause of his RA it might be better if they were the only buns there if thats makes sence :?
Hope you manage to sort something out.

Where abouts are you? I think Strawberry only showed reffered agression because it was in his house that he saw another bunny, I hope if he was somewhere new then he might be ok.

I'm not knowledgable at all about bunnies, have learnt everything I know in the past year and just try to do my best with Snowdrop. She has had a falre up this week and needed metacam once a day, maxalon twice daily, infacol and syringe feeding.

Where abouts are you? I think Strawberry only showed reffered agression because it was in his house that he saw another bunny, I hope if he was somewhere new then he might be ok.

I'm not knowledgable at all about bunnies, have learnt everything I know in the past year and just try to do my best with Snowdrop. She has had a falre up this week and needed metacam once a day, maxalon twice daily, infacol and syringe feeding.

I'm in Gosport, just outside Portsmouth. I'd need to speak to J about it though...and we might be buying a house before then so not sure what kind of set up well be able to offer. There will definitely be a spare room though so they would be able to have that.
If you do get stuck then let me know....and I'll do my best try bribing him ;)
Could you not try getting a bunny savvy housesitter?

I'm in Gosport, just outside Portsmouth. I'd need to speak to J about it though...and we might be buying a house before then so not sure what kind of set up well be able to offer. There will definitely be a spare room though so they would be able to have that.
If you do get stuck then let me know....and I'll do my best try bribing him ;)
Could you not try getting a bunny savvy housesitter?

Thanks. A housesitter is not an option, I dont have any friends that live in the same town as me.

Thanks. A housesitter is not an option, I dont have any friends that live in the same town as me.

You could try a professional. They will have insurance and all that jazz.
J says that it would be something we'd have to think about nearer the time, as we don't know what kind of situation we'll be in house wise.....we're going to be looking for a mortgage/house around April, credit score depending. Hope thats ok. We'd only be able to do it if they were a group though.

You could try a professional. They will have insurance and all that jazz.
J says that it would be something we'd have to think about nearer the time, as we don't know what kind of situation we'll be in house wise.....we're going to be looking for a mortgage/house around April, credit score depending. Hope thats ok. We'd only be able to do it if they were a group though.

Yeh course. We are not positive that we will be going down to Portsmouth either at the minute, we are going to France so it depends which ferry we get.

Back