• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding day Today!!! quick advice pls 12 U/D and pics post 29

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Starting after lunch...I will need loads of vibes and I just really hope I dont chicken out or lose my nerve :? im so scared - My first time and Im bonding 3 buns!!!..
I will keep you updated as I will take my laptop upstairs with me, along with everything else! - im soooo hoping this works as all 3 will have a lovely big room to play in if they decide to get along...

My 3 babies
Oreo & Sooty
CIMG0572.jpg

Charlie
CIMG0990.jpg

Lots of vibes pleeeeeeeease x

Last edited:
good luck!!! just remember to take it nice and slow,dont give too much too soon [I think thats becoming my catchphrase!!]

thanks Im feeling confident today after not much sleep = worrying about it :?:roll:

Is it ok to put neutral tunnels and boxes in?? As long as they can run through them?

Not sure about the tunnels. Everything I have read says dont give them any excuse to ignore or hide from each other.

Sending masses of bonding vibes, goo luck, they all look like gorgeous buns and very chilled out.

I wouldnt put anything in to start-I didnt even put litter trays for a few days as sometimes a bunny can get possessive and bully the other over it.:roll:
Best of luck for today!!!

ok I have taken everything out so they only have hay - just about to start now - soooooo nervous :shock:

ok sooty and oreo are fine together a bit oh humping but the boys strted fighting stright away so i have taken charlie out - do i put him back in???

ok sooty and oreo are fine together a bit oh humping but the boys strted fighting stright away so i have taken charlie out - do i put him back in???

If I am going to be completly honest I would let someone who is more experienced bond them for you. Bonding males is hard and fights can be disastrous.

According to the advice on here you should pull them apart, count to ten while they calm down and then let go. Not sure I would have the guts though.

I wouldnt risk it :( I thought u would have this problem... the boys are probably fighting over the girl. I would leave the 2 that are getting on ok, so at least you will have a bonded pair. Leave Charlie out of it for a while... xXx

I just separated a fight between Angel and Frankie. I took frankie out for a minute and put him back but as Snowberry said, bonding males is much more difficult so it may not work for you :(

I have 2 males and a female. Abbeymonkey on here did my bonding though as I hadnt experience with trios. From what she told me the problem one was dreama (the girl) who was (and still can be) feisty. Both my boys got on like a dream and always have. I do know when she came to collect them and put them in the same carrier 2 scraps broke out, she removed the fighter for a few seconds and put them back and they settled. They were bonded in a smallish cage with nothing in also, little fur pulling but fine.

How big is your bonding area? Have you tried putting them in a carrier first and maybe a car ride or walk?

was it real fighting? or just a bit of chasing and fur pulling [which can be nerve wracking to watch esp. when its your own buns!]

ok thanks (I thought I may have this problem too - as Sooty and Oreo were already close) I dont want to risk charlie going in again, He goes for both of them not just Oreo :?..
hmm what now?? - Sooty and Oreo are ok together so I am sooo happy i have a pair at least - I wont speak too soon - so far so good - they are grooming with Oreo being the dominent one at the moment doing quite a lot of humping which I am soooooo surprised about!! Sooty was the wuss out of all 3 ( i expected her to be the madam)..
So I will just leave the 2 of them in there? and put charlie back in his pen :(..
At least it wasnt a complete disaster!

was it real fighting? or just a bit of chasing and fur pulling [which can be nerve wracking to watch esp. when its your own buns!]

it was real fighting - Sooty and Oreo chased but this was different they went for the heads and were rolling about - Oreo started on Charlie but Chalie started on Sooty :roll::cry: - i think oreo was defending Sooty as well..
So Do I just leave the 2 together now???

Sounds like Sooty and Oreo are doing well, chasing is normal. If they do start fighting, the best thing to do is put pressure just between their shoulder blades for 10 seconds and say NO firmly :) I found that worked when i bonded Lottie and George :)

Good luck! At least you'll have 1 pair of buns... better than 3 singles :) xXx

Back