• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My shed is going mouldy!

dayle_x

Mama Doe
I swear its going to collapse. I only bought it two years ago and it has been painted with cuprinol.
All up the walls are damp and mouldy, and underneath the lino there is a patch which is soaking (not bun wee as if they did wee there it would stay on top of the lino)
I don't know what to do? Any ideas before I have to buy a new one

This seems to be a fiarly common problem now, mine is not even a year old and its the same, painted it 4 times as well, where did you get it from?

Mine isnt but surely if it was you wouldnt be able to see if it was damp? because it would be covered

Good point... but then its got a long way to come through to the buns if it would be damp :? Theres silver backed bubblewrap, 2" polysterene and then a layer of wood. Even the floor is insulated with loft boards! I hope it lasts another few years though!!

I got it from b&q, its only actually been up about 6 months or so!
Haven't insulated it but i was thinking surely it would just hide the problem?

We have this problem too and it is driving me mad!

I am tempted to cover all the sides with bloomin' clear shower curtains!

Or build them all houses made of brick! :roll::evil:

The base is chipboard, and the shed its shiplap. With the damp floor it just seems to be coming through the floor, and on the walls it is about 3/4 of the way up, isn't dripping down just looks damp.

My o/h felted double felted the roofs to give extra protection and varnished the outsides, they both seem to be wearing okay, ones been up 2 years and the other just over a year. One has a slab base and the other bricks so they are not sitting in water.
Can you see if the wood is split or anything.

Nope wood is fine and the shed is on paving slabs.
Its really strange that its common, does it happen in sheds used for storing lots of rubbish?

Mine doesnt sit directly on the floor and its definatly penitraiting through the wall ive even put gutting up so the water isnt running down the wall off the roof:? its mad no difference

Could you not get large pieces of tarpaulin and tack it all over the shed like a cover to add protection from the weather? I'm thinking about this when I get the kennel this year?

Back