• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm having no luck with my bunnies - Peaches now U/D Pics added

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
I've just noticed that Peaches has stripped a small patch of fur off the back of her neck :( it's not bleeding or anything and she's acting normally so I don't think it's bothering her. I can only think she's caught it whilst running through one of those green plastic tunnels :(

I'm going to clean it with some cooled boiled water.

What am I doing wrong? Jose went into stasis after her spay, rainbow had his manhood problem, paddy's got itchy ears, peaches lost a claw the other week and now this! :cry:

Last edited:
Oh no :cry: Ronnie lost a claw when he moved into the shed... i bought a wicker basket from Ikea and he got his claw stuck in it :(

Im sure Peaches is fine hun, shes probably not even noticed shes lost it :lol: Is it bleeding? Or just normal skin?

Your a fab bunny mummy! Dont tell yourself different! xXx

Oh no :cry: Ronnie lost a claw when he moved into the shed... i bought a wicker basket from Ikea and he got his claw stuck in it :(

Im sure Peaches is fine hun, shes probably not even noticed shes lost it :lol: Is it bleeding? Or just normal skin?

Your a fab bunny mummy! Dont tell yourself different! xXx

I can't see any blood, just mainly pink skin that looks a bit scratched in places. When she lost a claw though there was blood everywhere! I was panicking but again, peaches didn't seem bothered :roll::lol:

I do my best, but nothing seems to be going right for me

xx

Yeah the shed was covered in blood when Ronnie lost his claw, it was like a crime scene :lol:

Im sure shes ok, shes never none the wiser anyway :lol: Give her a cardboard box, she'll be as happy as larry :D xXx

Yeah the shed was covered in blood when Ronnie lost his claw, it was like a crime scene :lol:

Im sure shes ok, shes never none the wiser anyway :lol: Give her a cardboard box, she'll be as happy as larry :D xXx

I never knew so much blood could come out of just losing a claw :shock: I was hysterical!

There's a cardboard box in the living room for them to play with but Paddy seems to like it more than Peaches, he's always trying to flip it over - just like he tries to do with his litter tray :roll: maybe it's not the right type of cardboard box for her :roll: :lol:

You're not doing anything wrong. Your bunnies are just being bunnies, i.e. pains in the :censored:. :roll::lol:
*Hugs*

I've just noticed that Paddy's got a bald patch on the back of his neck too :?

It just clicked as well that when i was sweeping out their pen this morning, there was Peaches fur on the floor (I though nothing of it at the time) but now i'm thinking that she's scratched the fur instead (I've just seen her scratch the back of her neck) So now i'm thinking that she's got whatever Paddy's got :? The vet said to use the cream that i've got for Paddy, on Peaches if she starts showing signs. So looks like i'll be trying to put cream on 2 bunnies tonight :roll:

before i got to your last post i was going to ask if it could be something she's picked up from paddy's itchy ears?

you're not doing anything wrong at all. you're just very conscientious and spot any problems your buns have really early:D

before i got to your last post i was going to ask if it could be something she's picked up from paddy's itchy ears?

you're not doing anything wrong at all. you're just very conscientious and spot any problems your buns have really early:D

Ive put the cream on both of them tonight, but i'm still going to ring the vets in the morning and see what they say. The vet said that Paddy didnt have mites, but isnt bald patches a sign of them? I've just tried to have a look in Peaches's fur and i cant see anything, but it's difficult to check when she keeps trying to bite me :roll:

Ive put the cream on both of them tonight, but i'm still going to ring the vets in the morning and see what they say. The vet said that Paddy didnt have mites, but isnt bald patches a sign of them? I've just tried to have a look in Peaches's fur and i cant see anything, but it's difficult to check when she keeps trying to bite me :roll:

maybe its another type of skin infection/fungus/parasite? not sure what buns can get but i daresay there's a few different nasties that can affect them:?

Hope the bunnies are doing ok today and behaving themselves:)
I know how you feel, it's dispiriting when everything seems to go wrong at once. All three of my cats seem to have problems today - one has come in with a blood splattered face and ripped ear, one has a sore looking eye and one (prone to cystitis) has been squatting on the litter tray for longer than usual :( Vets again on Monday.

Hugs.

Oh no :( Poor Peaches. To me it does sound like ear mites :? I think the ear mites start low in the ear canal and loosing fur on the neck/round their head/ears is a sign of ear mites too. Have you contacted the vet? I think id want to start on Invermectin :? I know nothing though, thats only from what ive read previously on here!

It does sound like it can be connected... is Jane around? Id PM Jane and see what she thinks :oops:

Poor babies :( Sending vibes xXx

Last edited:
I took Peaches to the vets this morning and the vet said that it wasnt mites (she checked in her ears with one of them long things that they put inside the ears and they were clear) She didnt really know what was causing it but said that the hair loss was from her scratching her neck:? She told me to carry on using the cream on both of them (Fuciderm Gel) and she also gave Peaches an injection of Dexafort, which she said should stop the itching.

I was told to keep an eye on things and take them back if things dont improve in the next few days or so

I'll try and take and post some pics

I took Peaches to the vets this morning and the vet said that it wasnt mites (she checked in her ears with one of them long things that they put inside the ears and they were clear) She didnt really know what was causing it but said that the hair loss was from her scratching her neck:? She told me to carry on using the cream on both of them (Fuciderm Gel) and she also gave Peaches an injection of Dexafort, which she said should stop the itching.

I was told to keep an eye on things and take them back if things dont improve in the next few days or so

I'll try and take and post some pics

Did she not take a skin scraping or check for a fungal infection using a Woods Lamp :?

Did she say to use the Fuciderm (which contains a steroid) even though Dexafort (another steroid) has been given :?

Did she not take a skin scraping or check for a fungal infection using a Woods Lamp :?

Did she say to use the Fuciderm (which contains a steroid) even though Dexafort (another steroid) has been given :?

No skin scrapes or anything was done, she just had a look at the skin and in her ears :(

Yeah she told me to keep using the cream, should i not be? I havent put anymore cream on her since her injection this morning, they're due their next lot tonight. She had the injection a couple of hours after i put the cream on her this morning. Is it best to lay off the cream for a bit with Peaches then do you think?

Just caught up with this thread, so sorry you're having problems with your buns Sarah :(

Sending vibes for peaches and paddy! Hopefully their meds will sort them out real soon! Hopefully they will be better by the time bonding begins :love:

I really dont know then :( I hope they will be ok. I know how they feel with the itchy, think i need to go to the vets for an injection! :lol::oops:

Lets hope the cream/injection works and they dont loose any more fur :? xXx

Paddy's ears - you cant really see much, I took these before i took him to the vets, they seem to have got better since they were taken. There were little scabs on them, but dont know if they were from him scratching too hard

Paddy2.jpg

Paddy1.jpg

Back of Peaches's neck

Peaches.jpg

No skin scrapes or anything was done, she just had a look at the skin and in her ears :(

Yeah she told me to keep using the cream, should i not be? I havent put anymore cream on her since her injection this morning, they're due their next lot tonight. She had the injection a couple of hours after i put the cream on her this morning. Is it best to lay off the cream for a bit with Peaches then do you think?

I cant tell you to go against a Vet's advice.

I would just try to make sure neither Bun ingests any Fuciderm whilst grooming. Especially the Bun who had the Dexafort.

ETA Any signs of redness/inflammation on their feet at the nail bases ?

Last edited:
Back