• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At What Age... + Advice on something she ate

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
Are rabbits fully grown?

I ask because Radish is now 6 months old and I was wondering whether she will grow anymore or whether she will always be a small bunny.

Also she ate a tiny square of the plastic wrapping that DVD's come in. It was no bigger than 2cm x 2cm but I wondered if she might have any trouble passing this? She grabbed it before I could get it from her.

Thanks

I always feel that rabbits keep growing and 'filling out' to their final shape until at least 9 months - sometimes a year.

I would say a year, or a little more depending on the rabbit. I have had Sophie since Oct 2008, and she seems to be her final shape and size now.

However when I got Charlie I wa told he was 18 months, but when he came to me he continued/ started to fill out. and didn't stop growing until last August, almost a year after I got him.

But remember breeds will moult, and look different shapes. Like Charlie and Sophie are now, as they are both lionhead crosses. oddly though Frankie hasn'e yet, but my vet puts him at 8 months old. Plus he has two fatties to snuggle between, and Charlie and Belle certainly are better than a snuggle safe anyday

I just wondered as the vet said she'd never make 2kg but I weighed her this morning and she is 1.7-1.8kg

That will depend on her breed too. Im sure someone will tell you what to expect for each breed. I know a dwarf lop is between 2-3kg, but with more rescue rabbits, you never know their breeding, so you never know what can throw back

Back