• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run Covers

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
What have you all used to cover your runs with? With all this rain we are having terrible problems with leaks. We have built the run on the deck and its just leaking everywhere, we have plans to make something better and more water proof just as soon as it (please God) stops raining.

What have you all used to cover your runs with? With all this rain we are having terrible problems with leaks. We have built the run on the deck and its just leaking everywhere, we have plans to make something better and more water proof just as soon as it (please God) stops raining.

How tall is you run?

You can get clear shower curtains from IKEA. We use the corrugated plastic for the top of our runs. We raise them slightly on one side so that the water just rins off.

IKEA clear plastic curtains are brill. Only 79p :) and they work well as they are quite stiff. You can use Clamps from B&Q to secure them to hutch and run.
Ive had hutch covers in the past and shower curtains are working out more practical and definitely cheaper :)
Emma

The runs attached to my rabbits hutches are 4ftx4ft and 6ftx4ft and both are covered by a tarpaulin sheet I got from Wilkinson for £2.99 each, ideally they need to be a bit longer in length and width as when it pours down rain gets in from the sides :(.

On top of the tarpaulin sheets I use sheets of corrugated plastic with a brick underneath on side to allow rain to slide off, also it it weighed down on top by bricks :)

Well everywhere round here sold out of tarpolin so my mate grabbed some free rubble sacks for B & Q to cover the kennel. I slit the sides to make them longer :)

covererun.jpg

Back