• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making a enclosure neutral

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Ok so tomorrow I am cleaning out the enclosure that Mini, Mischa and Nutmeg are currently in and then moving Nutmeg and SMudge in. On my list of things to do is...

Empty litter boxes
Clean litter boxes with vinegar
Refill litter boxes with litter and hay
Sweep enclosure
Hoover enclosure
Clean enclosure with vinegar
Hoover vet bed and maybe give that a spray with vinegar (I won't be able to wash and dry it in time)
Put the material which is under the litter boxes in place of newspaper in the wash
Bin the puppy pad

Move in Nutmeg and Smudge

Hoover floor (of the room)
And then either do a Shake'n'Vac kinda thing or give it a rub with some vinegar

Is there anything else I've forgotten?

Personally I would wash the vet bed between use and not just spray it, parasites, virus's and bacteria will not be destroyed by spraying with a small amount of vinegar, a proper hot wash would be required beteen occumpants. I would use something else like an old towel whilst you are waiting for the vet bed to dry which wont be very long if you put it near a heat source.

Wash any toys, bottles and bowls in hot soapy water .

If the shake and vac is going to be used in an area where you are moving rabbits into do make sure it is animal friendly. I know it used to be toxic to fish.

If the shake and vac is going to be used in an area where you are moving rabbits into do make sure it is animal friendly. I know it used to be toxic to fish.

It's actually a dusting powder I have which is mainly cornstarch. The bunns won't be around when I use it and the majority will be going up the hoover. I've decided to spray a bit of vinegar first,and work into the carpet and then use that purely to remove the vinegar smell.

Personally I would wash the vet bed between use and not just spray it, parasites, virus's and bacteria will not be destroyed by spraying with a small amount of vinegar, a proper hot wash would be required beteen occumpants. I would use something else like an old towel whilst you are waiting for the vet bed to dry which wont be very long if you put it near a heat source.

Wash any toys, bottles and bowls in hot soapy water .

Ok I'll try and find some time to wash it and them. :)

sorry do you mind if i just ask...is the vinegar just for the smell or is it useful for removing stains etc??

sorry do you mind if i just ask...is the vinegar just for the smell or is it useful for removing stains etc??

I've never tried it on stains, I use it cos it removes the smell very effectively. Everything smells like the local chippy for a while though but that fades quite quickly.

Back