• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby deserves a gold medal

Candiflare

Mama Doe
OH and I went to visit my (very recently bereaved) Grandma, and on a whim I decided to take Ruby and Ralph to see her. She asked for Ruby to sit on her lap and I got really worried because Ruby is the skittish, jumpy one out of the two, BUT, Ruby settled down onto my Grandma's lap and licked her for three hours. She nibbled a bit of apple and carrot from my Grandma's hand, her little legs were stretched out and my Grandma was in heaven. They just sat in silence together for three hours this afternoon.

I was gobsmacked as that is not Ruby's personality but I really feel that she felt my Grandmother's grief and was trying to heal/sit with her to make her feel better.

What a beautiful story.
A couple of months ago at the rescue this very unusual lad - sort of 'young absent minded professor' kind of kid came up to me in the rabbit adoption area. It was really busy & I was talking to some other people. He waited until I was finished & then said this "rabbits make you happy" with a big grin on his face.
I with an equally big grin said "you are so right - rabbits do make you happy".
So simple but true your Ruby made your Grandma happy when she really needed it.

Well done Ruby. :love:

I completely agree that rabbits can sense when they need to act as nurses. Daz always knows when his mummy needs a hug.

Back