• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buzz is being very demanding

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Buzz, my foster bun, is a lovely chap, but I'm feeling like I can't give him everything he needs. Don't get me wrong, I give him food, water, plenty of exercise and I stroke him on my lap for about an hour a day. He has toys, chews and treats too... it's just whenever I go to check on my other buns, he (intelligently!) finds ways to make noises to draw my attention. He rattles his ka-bob dangly thing, or he nibbles his hutch, bangs his paws against the sides of the hutch or kicks the inside doors with his back legs. I feel guilty when he does this because it reminds me of those rabbits who are stuck in 3 ft hutches all day walking backwards and forwards. He lives in luxury, but it just seems like he wants my attention at all hours of the day and night. When we do have stroking time, he is very active, climbing all over me, smelling, nibbling. He is obviously very intelligent and needs a lot of human stimulation and company. My OH won't let him be an indoor bunny and I'm not sure what to do about it...

Back