• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mo and Mist Good news for 'dental' buns

Isabel

Warren Veteran
HI everyone, I don't come on here that much anymore but I was very excited to tell everyone that my two dental buns Mo and Mist have just had a very positive trip to the vets. Mo particularly had bad teeth when Jill (HoneyBunny) rescued him and the vet said that he was likely to have ongoing problems. I knew he was likely to as that was why I adopted him however today the vet could not find any problems and he's even started eating hay. Mist was also adopted as a dental bunny but she also had no problems.

The reason I wanted to share this is that I think many people are put off from dental bunnies and they often get overlooked. Mo and Mist may well have dental problems for the rest of their lives but it has improved immensely. I know some bunnies teeth won't improve but some, with the right diet can.

P1020058.jpg

:D That's great news.
I adpoted a dental bun and was told he'd have on going dental problems, but in 2 years he's not needed any dentals at all.. He eats lots and lots of hay now, before he came to live with us he was fed on museli feed.

:D That's great news.
I adpoted a dental bun and was told he'd have on going dental problems, but in 2 years he's not needed any dentals at all.. He eats lots and lots of hay now, before he came to live with us he was fed on museli feed.

I think thats probably what these guys were on. Mist has always been a good hay eater but Mo has actually started eating it now and I've got them on Oxbow TT which I think has also helped- Although the bunnies would prefer SS I think :lol:

Thank you for all the lovely comments.

Back