• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Healthy weight for a conti?

giantbunnymummy

Warren Veteran
The buns went to the vets yesterday so Jester could be checked out after his recent couple of stasis / gassy tummy episodes requiring trips to the emergency vet. He's doing fine at the moment :D but is having a dental soon to burr small 'ledges' on his teeth (too small to have caused any discomfort so far).

Anyway, both buns were weighed and Daisy is now 5.74kg, which to me sounds fairly light for a conti of 15 months, but the vet said we should restrict her food if she goes over 6kg. Surely that's complete nonsense? :?

I think my current vet is pretty good with rabbits and seems to know his stuff, so this has thrown me a bit.

Does he have a point? Or am I right that it's nonsense?

When i last weighed Lyric she was 6.35kg and i think shes small,Will re weigh her now see what she is

Yep she is still the same she is about 8-9 months old

Last edited:
Lovely Lyric is gonna be a big girl then :lol: I think my Daisy is a petite conti, bless her.

I wish vets wouldn't say things that erode your confidence in their knowledge, the current one seems pretty bunny savvy so I hope this is a minor aberration in his bunny knowledge!

Back