• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what gives a bunny a doughy tummy?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
mums bunny has still got a doughy tummy and no obvious illnesses..bloods came back fine phew...but her tum is still doughy. shes eating and pooping fine.

Lack of crude fibre in the diet
Too much dietary carbohydrate
Obesity
Lack of exercise
Dental Disease

Anything that contributes to a reduced GI tract motility really.

thanks jane...its odd because shes fine..not under the listing of those at all:(

mind you my little dental bun also gets stasis from stress....i think this maybe my mums bun probs.

shes showing fear of phones ringing in my mums house...my mums admanet its her next door neighbours banging around..slamming doors..drilling as all neighbours seem to at odd times.
but my mum tkaes it as her neighburs are doing it to get rid of her...its her depression getting to her i think. therefore her stress levels are affecting her bunny just like it does with my bif and me:(

i got my mum to reduce her pellets abput three or four weeks ago. shes stopped her treats after me nagging and has given her a mox of different types of hay to make sure she eats enough hay.

but xmas eve mum had a visit form her eldest sone and his absolute brat of a great granduaghter who has sent mums bun to the hopsital each time shes been down there:shock:

he never gave mum any warning and it was too late by them being there for me to catch hunnybunny and take her here.:(
the little brat says its only a rabbit..its just an animal an i hate animals...shes 5 and a spoilt little brat:evil:

tomorrows the last two doses of her meds and im taking her home to my mum across the road.

bif hates soaps...as do we..flicking thru channels if she hears the shouting etc on them she freaks out..but die hard never even made her sit up:shock:

mums a soap addict....ive told her to turn the volume down and or move hunnybunnys cage which is just for overnite and somewhere to keep her tray etc.

shes even more stressed than my bif is right now......:(

Back