• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheapest pens?

Lillian

Warren Veteran
Not writing pens before anyone cracks a joke :no:

I want a rabbit/dog pen.. the ones that connect several panels together. Its for indoor use in winter and outdoor use in summer.
Whats the cheapest you can get? :wave:

Just to add i'm not interested in NIC cubes, there nothing but hassle :lol:

Not writing pens before anyone cracks a joke :no:

I want a rabbit/dog pen.. the ones that connect several panels together. Its for indoor use in winter and outdoor use in summer.
Whats the cheapest you can get? :wave:

Just to add i'm not interested in NIC cubes, there nothing but hassle :lol:

Curses, foiled again!

i have 2 x savic pens, which i use together, indoors and outdoors as you describe.

i like the look of nic cubes. i'd like to be inventive with the back wall in the living room but i can't afford it.

I've got all mine from ebay, for about £20-£30 each.

For best value get the 8-panel ones; if you want to split the panels up you'll need to take the 'hinges' off with a pair of pliers and reattach them with cable ties. Doesn't take too long though. They do 6-panel ones which are held together with long pins, but these work out more expensive (since you're getting 2 less panels) & they make fewer shapes (you're basically restricted to a hexagon shape, whereas with the 8-panel ones you can have straight lines, rectangles, octogons, etc).

Also, get the lowest ones you can get away with. Generally the length of the panel is standard (2ft usually), but the height varies and the taller ones are more expensive.

Back